Coding Mobile Apps for Entrepreneurs
- To involve students into the actual problems connected mobile development.
- To equip students with the knowledge of the major development issues of mobile applications.
- To equip students with the knowledge of basic principles of developing and managing mobile solutions and systems.
- Student should be capable to make managerial decisions, to assess their consequences and to bear responsibility for the outcomes.
- Students should be familiar with the Android mobile app development
- Students should be ready to estimate workload and prepare technical requirements for the mobile application development
- Should know basic principles of developing and managing mobile solutions and systems.
- IntroductionThis module presents pedagogic approach and demonstrates the kind of applications you will be able to build at the end of the course.
- Create the Storyboard for Your ApplicationIn this module there will be design of personalized app from a user's perspective.
- Install Tools, Create HelloWorld AppThis module guides students in the development of an Android application using the Android Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE). First it points to the right place to install the Android Studio IDE and the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). Next it walks through the steps of using them to create a basic "Hello World" application and it describes how to transfer the application for execution on a physical Android device and on an emulator. At the end of the module students will be familiar with Android tools.
- Build Your First Interactive ApplicationIn this module you associate for the first time a graphical user interface with an activity controlling it, resulting in a first interactive application.
- Toward Your Application, Step-By-StepStep by step in the development of 5 of the basic building blocks.
- Transform Your Storyboard Into Actual ApplicationIn this part, there will be development of the remaining 4 basic building blocks.
- ExaminationStudents should present (upload) developed mobile application using all the elements and mechanisms which were provided in online course. Students should also present how they passed preliminary tests (they are free of charge) of the online course. At the exam students should answer questions in a test form related to the course and Android mobile app development (if they do not have certificate and tests results). Examination format: The exam is taken written. The platform: The exam is taken on Ms Teams platform (and LMS). Students are required to join a session 15 minutes before the beginning. The computers must meet the following technical requirements: https://docs.microsoft.com/ru-ru/microsoftteams/hardware-requirements-for-the-teams-app A student is supposed to follow the requirements below: Check your computer for compliance with technical requirements no later than 5 days before the exam; Sign in with your corporate account (@edu.hse.ru); Check your microphone, speakers or headphones, webcam, Internet connection (we recommend connecting your computer to the network with a cable, if possible); Prepare the necessary writing equipment, such as pens, pencils, pieces of paper, and others. Disable applications on the computer's task other than the MS Teams application or the browser that will be used to log in to the MS Teams platform. Students are not allowed to: Turn off the video camera; Use notes, textbooks, and other educational materials; Leave the place where the exam task is taken (go beyond the camera's viewing angle); Look away from your computer screen or desktop; Use smart gadgets (smartphone, tablet, etc.) Involve outsiders for help during the exam, talk to outsiders during the examination tasks; Read tasks out loud. Students are allowed to: Write on a piece of paper, use a pen for making notes and calculations; Use a calculator; Turn on the microphone to answer the teacher’s questions; Ask a teacher for additional information related to understanding the exam task. Connection failures: A short-term communication failure during the exam is considered to be the loss of a student's network connection with the MS Teams platform for no longer than 1 minute. A long-term communication failure during the exam is considered to be the loss of a student's network connection with the MS Teams platform for longer than 1 minute. A student cannot continue to participate in the exam, if there is a long-term communication failure appeared. The retake procedure is similar to the exam procedure. In case of long-term communication failure in the MS Teams platform during the examination task, the student must notify the teacher, record the fact of loss of connection with the platform (screenshot, a response from the Internet provider). Then contact the manager of a program with an explanatory note about the incident to decide on retaking the exam.
- Online course tests and mobile app developmentOnline course mark will be used for this control. It will be divided by 10 and rounded.
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.4 * Examination + 0.6 * Online course tests and mobile app development
- Friesen, J. (2014). Learn Java for Android Development : Java 8 and Android 5 Edition (Vol. Third edition). [Berkeley, California]: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1174085
- Tim Hayden, & Tom Webster. (2014). The Mobile Commerce Revolution : Business Success in a Wireless World. [N.p.]: Que Publishing. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1600780