1. Admission via Olympiads participation
1.1. HSE Olympiad for students and graduates
Undergraduate students as well as graduates can take part in HSE Olympiad for students and graduates, both Russian and international. All winners and prize winners of the HSE Olympiad will be given priority admission to master programmes that correspond to chosen profile of the Olympiad. The HSE Olympiad is held in English.
Registration and participation is free of charge.
Time: February, 2020. Registration is open from 02 Decemeber 2019 to 20 January 2020.
1.2. International Competition «Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project»
International students are invited to participate in the the international competition “Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project”, which is being organized by the “Global Universities Association”.
International students, stateless persons, and Russian citizens permanently living abroad, who already have a Bachelor’s degree or are completing a Bachelor’s programme in 2020 can participate in this competition. Registration is open from 02 October 2019 to 18 November 2019.
2. Admission for international applicants via portfolio competition
Please familiarize yourself with minimum portfolio requirements and application process at HSE graduate admission website (https://admissions.hse.ru/en/graduate-apply). Application is free of charge and submitted online.
There are several attachments that you should be ready to upload for your portfolio:
- Scan of the first page of your passport - required
- Scan of your diplomas and academic transcripts (if you have not yet received your Bachelor’s diploma, please include an official copy of your most recent academic transcript) - required
- Letter of motivation (describing your reasons for applying in the context of your long-term career goals and background, professional plans for the futureб one or two pages of printed text A4) - required
- Resume/CV (including information about your education, professional, and research experience, as well as language proficiency and other skills) - required
- Exam results confirming language proficiency - required for those whose native tongue is not English and they did not complete undergraduate program in an English speaking country
- 2 Letters of recommendation (written recommendations from teachers or supervisor)
- GRE test scores are highly advisable
Please upload all attachments as PDF files and include your last name in the filename (for example, Smith_Diploma.pdf).
Be ready to have a skype interview in case of successful portfolio assessment. You may find it helpful to revise the exam demo version before the SKype interview. Interview takes place in English.
Full scholarship, number of students
Tuition based, Russian students
Tuition based, international students
Full and partial scholarships available based on academic merit.
For more information, please see International Admissions.