The main purpose of the programme is to train highly professional financiers who possess technological knowledge, methodology and all the necessary tools for making investment and financial decisions in global and national financial markets. Our graduates will be competent in risk management, portfolio and fiduciary asset management, actuarial and banking activities, financial consulting. Graduates will be also capable of developing complex financial products, analyzing financial anomalies, evaluating financial assets and companies and building investment strategies. Students acquire skills in using software products for working with Big Data (SQL, Metastock) and development environment (R, Python and others), professional analytical databases (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc.).
Master’s Programme 'Financial Markets and Institutions' has its special characteristics that should be brought to the attention.
● This programme includes several disciplines in English so knowledge of English is required.
● This is a full-time programme. Classes are held in the evenings only in the second year.
● Students have an opportunity to form their Individual Study Plan according to their own interests.
● This programme targets labour market of research analysts, investment company managers, risk managers, actuaries and loan specialists.
● This programme provides a proper level of education enough for passing the qualifying examinations for actuaries and obtaining FFMS, CFA, FRM or PRM certificates.
Master’s Programme 'Financial Markets and Institutions's features
● Research seminar is a core element of the Study Plan. There is a wide choice of elective courses. Students also have an opportunity to study disciplines from another Master's programme.
● This master’s programme represents a combination of theory and applied methodologies.
● Students will be involved in various research activities. Our students are provided with numerous additional learning and research opportunities (internships, lab work, double-degree programme etc.).