Financial Accounts and Financial Markets Analysis
- The aim of the course is to provide an understanding of the interaction between finance and macroeconomics.
- The course develops the skills for analyzing financial markets, investment behavior of institutional sectors, and cross-countries’ comparison.
- The course sharpens the skills for preparing analytical comments and interactive information panels in R
- Understand financial systems functions and governance, difference in the financial markets organizational structure. The SNA institutional Sectors classification.
- Understanding money market, money market interest rates and benchmark administration principles, recent trends in developing interest rates
- Understanding Bond Market and Stock Market. Securities Statistics Methodology.
- Understanding monetary statistics. Structures of monetary aggregates. Further development of monetary statistics.
- Understanding Financial Accounts and Financial Balance Sheets Data,. Use FWTW Matrices for Intersectoral Linkages Analysis.
- Understanding credit market statistics, securitization process, use of data on mortgage statistics
- Understanding the role of Institutional Investors. Insurance statistics and SNA indicators on Insurance companies^ Private Pension Funds and Investment Funds.
- Financial Systems. Financial Institutions. Financial Markets. Institutional sectors and Rest of the World.Financial Systems: Functions and Governance.Financial Markets. Financial Institutions.Institutional sectors and the Rest of the World (SNA classifications).
- Money Market. Interest Rates. Monetary policy rates. Interbank rates. Financial Benchmarks Administration.Money Market. Interest Rates. Monetary policy rates. Interbank rates. Financial Benchmarks Administration.
- The Capital Market. The Bond Market. The Stock Market. Securities Statistics. Custodians.The Capital Market. The Bond Market. The Stock Market. Securities Statistics. Custodians.
- Money and Credit Aggregates. Monetary Statistics Methodology. The IMF Special Data Dissemination Standard. Banking sector Statistics.Money and Credit Aggregates. Monetary Statistics Methodology. The IMF Special Data Dissemination Standard. Banking sector Statistics.
- The Credit Markets. The Bank Loans Statistics. Mortgage Statistics. Securitization.The Credit Markets. The Bank Loans Statistics. Mortgage Statistics. Securitization.
- Institutional Investors. Insurance companies. Collective Investments.Institutional Investors. Insurance companies. Collective Investments.
- Financial Accounts and Financial Balance Sheets of the SNA. The 2008 SNA Financial Services Definitions. Financial Sectors Breakdowns. The Output of Financial Intermediaries. Financial Services Indirectly Measured.Financial Accounts and Financial Balance Sheets of the SNA. The 2008 SNA Financial Services Definitions. Financial Sectors Breakdowns. The Output of Financial Intermediaries. Financial Services Indirectly Measured.
- Financial Accounts and Financial Balance Sheets Uses. FWTW Matrices. Intersectoral Linkages Analysis.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.1 * Class Activity + 0.6 * Final Exam + 0.3 * Team Project
- Edwin H. Neave. (2009). Modern Financial Systems : Theory and Applications. Wiley.
- Fabozzi, F. J., Modigliani, F., & Jones, F. J. (2014). Foundations of Financial Markets and Institutions: Pearson New International Edition (Vol. Fourth edition Fabozzi, Modigliani, Jones). Harlow, Essex: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1418493
- Mishkin, F. S. . V. (DE-588)123920108, (DE-627)085524662, (DE-576)162252730, aut. (2019). The economics of money, banking, and financial markets Frederic S. Mishkin. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.1067357963
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, United Nations, & European Commission. (2009). System of National Accounts 2008. INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND.
- Allen, F. V. (DE-588)136922465, (DE-627)588339121, (DE-576)167952374, aut. (2001). Comparing financial systems Franklin Allen and Douglas Gale.