• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

For 2021’s First-year Students

Dear first-year MIB students,

We are happy to have you at Master of International Business Program in 2021!

This is to inform you that we arrange an organizational meeting on August 31st at 6.40 pm Moscow time (address: Moscow, 11 Pokrovsky Boulevard, Entrance 3, Building R, Room R301). See the building map here. You will be able to meet the MIB Academic Director, MIB Managers and ask us questions related to your study process. At the meeting you will get to know your schedule and your classmates. If you are abroad, you can join us via Zoom.

We will start classes from September 1st, 2021.

You can always contact MIB Study Office via mib@hse.ru or address your requests to MIB Managers:
Daria Podolskaya +7 (495) 580-8900 ext. 27750, mib@hse.ru
Marina Petrashkevich
 +7 (495) 580-8900 ext. 27749, mib@hse.ru
MIB Study Office is located at 11 Pokrovsky Blvd, room T-725. See campus map here.

First please read the instruction on how to prepare for your arrival to Moscow: 

How to prepare for your arrival to HSE 

Also below you will find a list of important steps, which you will need to complete by the end of August and in September to settle various organizational issues, so that your studies run smoothly and you can focus on learning.

1. Move into a Dormitory (if you are a non-Moscow resident/international student)

When: by August 31st

For International Students

Places in HSE University dormitories are distributed to international students through their Personal Accounts.

Access to the ‘Dormitory’ section in your Personal Account will be made available after filling in the ‘Consent for Studies’ section and completing recognition procedure (but no earlier than August 17, 2021).

Upon your arrival for studies, a place in one of the HSE University dormitories will be reserved for you.

You must download an accommodation referral for dormitory residence from your Personal Account, print it out and bring it to the dormitory.

When moving into a dormitory, make sure you have the following documents:

  • passport (document confirming your identity);
  • copy of your passport (first page)—if your passport contains information on the place of residence, make a copy of that page two (both pages should be copied onto ONE page)
  • medical certificate confirming health fitness to reside in a dormitory - form 086/y (Medical Aid & Insurance)
  • vaccination certificate
  • medical insurance policy.

Should you have any questions, please send a message to: zaselenie@hse.ru.

2. Learn about visa and registration

HSE Visa and Registration Center Contacts

Adress: Moscow, 11 Pokrovsky Boulevard, Building D, D005/D006

Tel.: 8 (495) 531-00-63

Email: visa-registration@hse.ru

Homepage on HSE University portal

INFO Visa and registration - for international students

3. Receive a Student ID Card

Student ID cards will be issued during September 2021.
A 3x4 matte photograph must be provided by September 7th to MIB Study Office.

4. Receive an Electronic Pass to HSE

Please follow the instructions here: The issue of the electronic passes 
We draw the attention of first-year students that since October 1, 2021 access to the territory of the Higher School of Economics is strictly through electronic passes.

5. Receive Library Card

Read the Library Use Policy here: https://library.hse.ru/documents.
Fill in the online registration form on the Library website at: https://library.hse.ru.  
To get registered, you need a student ID card number and an HSE University corporate e-mail address.
Upon getting a library membership, every user isassigned a bar code for their personal identification, which can be used as a library card. 

6. Receive a Moscow Social Card (for public transport discounts) 

A social card can be obtained from a local office of the Moscow Multifunctional Centre (‘My Documents’).

Step 1: Check to see if your data has been included on the Moscow Social Register’s website: check the register of students/residents/doctoral students
Step 2: Complete registration on the www.mos.ru portal and submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card through your personal account. Applications are usually processed within 30 calendar days. You can check the status of your application through your personal account or by visiting here.
International students may submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card in person at one of the My Documents centers (regardless of their place of residence or place of study).
Step 3: Pick up your Moscow social card from the My Documents centre that you selected when making an application for it.  
Important: if your personal data is not found in the Register, you must contact the MIB manager as soon as possible. 

7. Apply for a Certificate of Attendance (if necessary)  

MIB student can get references, certificates and/or copies of enrollment documents from MIB Study Office here.
In order to apply for a certificate/reference of your MIB enrollment or other documents please follow this link. Please check the readiness of your papers here.

Useful links

Academic Handbook covers all matters related to studying at HSE University.