Important information for international students
In the near future you will start studying at one of the best universities in the world – HSE University.
Studies will begin on September 1 (October 1 for some Master’s programmes).
NB! In case of closed borders, due to Covid-19 world situation, if you cannot arrive in Russia for the start of the programme, online classes will be provided for you. Your programme manager will send you instructions on how to log in and access classes no later than August 25. Once the borders are open and flights are resumed, you should buy a ticket and follow instructions below.
Please find below instructions on how to prepare for your arrival and what is important to do in the first days of your stay in the Russian Federation:
1. Before arriving in Russia, you need to purchase medical insurance policy, which includes a medical examination and a Covid-19 test using the PCR method. A list of insurance companies and links to online forms for purchasing policies is here: https://www.hse.ru/en/medical/ins.
2. Before your arrival in Russia, you must obtain a document confirming a negative test result for Covid-19 by the PCR method in your country (this document will be asked from you at the airport/train station/at customs and in the dormitory)
3. In your personal HSE account, mark the arrival date (according to the purchased ticket). 3 days before this date, you will receive a referral to check in at the dormitory (indicating the address of the dormitory, room number, etc.)
4. Upon your arrival in the Russian Federation, you get to the dormitory in a way convenient for you: taxi (we recommend Yandex.taxi – download the application to your phone in advance), Aeroexpress (https://aeroexpress.ru/aero.html). Sim cards are sold at all airports, and there is also WI-FI.
5. Checking in at the dormitory check-list:
• A document confirming a negative test result for Covid-19 by PCR;
• A passport of vaccinations or a copy of certificate of preventive vaccinations (in Russia form №156/study-93);
• Medical policy purchased before arrival (see paragraph 1 for information);
6. Once you settle down in the dormitory, it is important to register. To get registered, you need to get in contact with the passport officer of your dormitory. You will need to have your passport and migration card with you.
Please note that accommodation at the dormitory costs app. $20-25/month (in rubles) for all categories of students.
7. For the next 14 days, you must stay in your room for a two-week isolation. It is allowed to go out only to the clinic, pharmacy and store for essential goods. The management of the dormitories has the right to prosecute violators. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you follow the instructions received, as they are designed to keep you and other students safe. During this period, we will offer you online training, so we suggest you bring your laptop along.
8. On the 11th calendar day from the date of arrival (on Monday, if this day falls on Saturday/Sunday) you should set an appointment in the clinic, according to the earlier purchased medical insurance policy (see paragraph 1). In the clinic, undergo a medical examination and retest for Covid-19 using the PCR method.
9. The result of the medical examination and retest will be sent directly to HSE University. After receiving the results, the programme manager will send you information on how to continue your studies on campus.