Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Innovations
- This course in the Healthcare Marketplace specialization gives the learner an in-depth view of the intellectual property creation that is vital to creating breakthrough technologies. Included is an understanding of the strategy deployed for pricing drugs and new technologies as well as the market sizing exercise to identify where future research and development investments should be made.
- Students know about how the medical device industry takes a product that has cleared the bench and sells it in the market.
- Students know about how the pharmaceutical industry takes a product that has cleared the bench and sells it in the market
- Students know how medical device industry innovates and brings transformational products to market.
- Students know how medical technology goes from ideas to treatments.
- The Pharmaceutical Industry: Bench Science to Bedside
- Pharmaceutical Market Deployment & Management
- The Medical Device Industry: Bench Science to Bedside
- Medical Device Market Deployment & Management
- Final interview
- Tests after Module 1
- Tests after Module 2
- Tests after Module 3
- Tests after Module 4
- 2021/2022 4th module0.3 * Final interview + 0.15 * Tests after Module 1 + 0.15 * Tests after Module 2 + 0.2 * Tests after Module 3 + 0.2 * Tests after Module 4
- Kaestner, R., & Bolin, K. (2012). The Economics of Medical Technology. Bingley, U.K.: Emerald Group Publishing Limited. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=482441
- Natalia Vladimirovna Kuzina. (2016). Value and Price: Economic and Ethical Aspects of Modern Pharmaceutical Business (Retail Segment). Nauka Krasnoârʹâ, (2), 202. https://doi.org/10.12731/2070-7568-2016-2-202-225
- Oliver Gassmann, Alexander Schuhmacher, Max von Zedtwitz, & Gerrit Reepmeyer. (2018). Leading Pharmaceutical Innovation. Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.b.spr.sprbok.978.3.319.66833.8
- Elena Leonidovna Andreeva, Elena Vladimirovna Sapir, Dmitriy Andreevich Karkh, & Igor Andreevich Karachev. (2019). Comparative Analysis of Foreign Economic Development of Pharmaceutical Sector in Russia and the USA. Èkonomika Regiona, (2), 576. https://doi.org/10.17059/2019-2-20
- Liming Zhang, Waion Lam, & Hao Hu. (2013). Complex product and system, catch-up, and sectoral system of innovation: a case study of leading medical device companies in China. International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, (3), 283. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.a.ids.ijtlid.v6y2013i3p283.302