Research internship is an obligatory part of the master degree program HSE Master in Population and Development (hereinafter – “the internship”). The internship is carried out in the 2nd year of studies during Module 3 and 4. Students do internship according to their individual program of student internship (IPSI). IPSI is formed by the students with participation of their supervisor, based on their research topic. Upon the completion of the internship and based on the documents provided the student gets a final mark which is included in the transcript.
Before starting the internship students must submit the following forms to the Study Office (deadline is January 10):
1. Internship Application (the period of internship is January 15 - March 26, 10 weeks)
2. Internship Program.
The forms must be signed by the student and her/his HSE Supervisor. The forms are to contain contact information of the Internship Coordinator at the internship organization and the detailed plan of activities for the period of the internship, which is prepared by the student with participation of the Supervisor, based on the research topic.
After: Internship report and defense
Students need to submit the following documents for the internship defense:
1. Internship Daily Records with the signature and optional notes of the Internship Coordinator at the internship organization;
2. Review of the intern’s work by the Internship Coordinator with the signature and contact information of the Internship Coordinator;
3. Review by the Supervisor with a grade on the 10-point scale, awarded on the basis of the Internship Program fulfillment and the review by the Internship Coordinator, signed by the Supervisor;
4. Internship Report
5. Materials (data) collected during the internship (optional, but recommended for simplifying the internship evaluation for the Supervisor);
|Internship application and program|
|Internship confirmation from the hosting organization|
|Internship daily record|