Portfolio application includes
To include recent photo, information about education, work and research experiences, publications (if any), participation in projects, conferences, research grants, language and computer skills, and other achievements. Resumé might be written in Russian or in English.
2. Letter of motivation (no more than 500 words)
This letter should describe reasons for applying to the programme in the context of applicant’s long-term career goals and background.
3. Scans of diplomas and academic transcripts
If an applicant have not yet received Bachelor’s diploma, an official copy of the most recent academic transcript should be included. Transcript data are evaluated with respect to their correspondence with the programme profile.
4. Letters of recommendation (no more two; at least one from someone familiar with your academic work).
Please provide your recommenders with HSE’s letter of recommendation guidelines
5. Copies of published papers if available (in academic journals, collective monographs and conference papers etc.); final university thesis is allowed
Publications should be presented as pdf copies. Their relevance to the intended area of studies is evaluated by the commission.
6. Awards, grants and participation certificates from student’s conferences, academic contests, etc.
7. Scan of valid English proficiency exam results (IELTS – no less than 6.0; or TOEFL iBT – no less than 80)
Native speakers of English and students who have completed an entire degree exclusively in English do not need to submit proof of their English ability. All other applicants should submit test results no more than two years old.
8. Other valid international educational certificates (GRE or GMAT) if available.
Application procedure includes an interview with the applicant (acceptable by skype).
Assessment criteria for the application portfolio:
|1||Letter of motivation||5|
Diploma cum laude (with all grades: A+, A, B+) and/or valid international educational certificates (GRE/GMAT)
|3||Letters of recommendation||5|
|5||Awards and participation certificates||5|