390 000 RUB/year
The programme aims to develop a number of competencies, including conflict analysis and resolution, public policymaking, stakeholder analysis, social research, as well as data collection and analysis of public policy issues. With instruction in English by leading global experts, students are given a strong multi-disciplinary foundation of skills and knowledge required to articulate issues of public concern, analyse alternative policies, facilitate the adoption and implementation of specific choices, and evaluate their effects.
The programme offers a number of advantages, including:
• Professors with diverse professional experience both in Russia and abroad
• Academic mobility programmes with partner universities
• A flexible, individual learning path unique among public policy master’s programmes
We have two concentrations. The first is Public Policy Analysis, which focuses on analytical competencies in various policy fields, and the second is Human Rights and Democratic Governance, which focuses on the fields of development policies and human rights protection.
Students have extensive opportunities to engage in research by joining research groups led by Department staff members, as well as Summer Schools and Expeditions.
Additionally, the programme’s individual learning path and wide selection of courses provide students with considerable flexibility to shape their experience. Late afternoon and evening class schedules make it possible for students to combine studies with part-time or full-time employment.
Finally, the programme’s professional internship during the second year plays an important role in the Master’s Thesis research and further professional career growth.
Our graduates have pursued analysis and management careers in a number of organizations:
• National, regional and global think tanks (e.g., the Carnegie Centre (Moscow), Centre for Political Technologies, Institute of World Politics and International Relations (IMEMO), and PIR Centre)
• International human rights (e.g., HR Watch, Doctors Without Borders, International Red Cross, and Amnesty International)
• Major business associations and corporations (e.g., Moscow Chamber of Trade and Commerce, Business Russia, Yandex, and LUKOIL)
• National and international governmental agencies (e.g., the International Organization on Migration (IOM), British Council, and UNESCO)
The programme welcomes students from various backgrounds with an interest in political analysis and political policy. Our students’ academic backgrounds have included management, political science, public administration, philosophy, history, geography, and even mathematics. Our also students come with various career experience ranging from volunteering and NGO employment to business and civil service.
Detailed information on admissions requirements can be found here.
Заявки принимаются до 1 февраля 2021 (UTC-12)