The next Open Day for undergraduates, prospective students will be held
May 13, 2019 May 27, 2019 June 17, 2019
Time: 18:00- 19:30
Venue: Myasnitskaya 20, room 526
At that day we want you to experience life as a HSE student – what it’ll be like to study a master, whilst enjoying yourself at the same time. You will also be able to hear more about your chosen subject and have a chance to talk to our staff and current students, graduates, explore the campuses.
During the Open Day, participants will have the opportunity to meet the programme supervisors and lecturers, learn more about the programme’s international partners and obtain further information about the learning process.
Waiting for you and your friends!
1. Been taught in English program unites students from all over the world. The professors also have very diverse professional experience representing the renowned Russian and foreign universities like University of Bern (Switzerland), University of Cambridge (UK), Latrobe University (Australia), University of Toronto (Canada).
2. The program offers its best students an opportunity to participate in academic mobility programs with the University of Bologna (Italy), Science Po Lyon (France), University of Turin (Italy) and other partner universities.
3. We have two equally important concentrations: Public Policy Analysis, focusing on development of analytical competencies in various policy fields, and Human Rights and Democratic Governance, providing opportunities for professional growth in the fields of development policies and human rights protection.
1. Research opportunities by joining the research groups, headed by Department staff members, by joining research Summer Schools and Expeditions
2. Individual learning path. Wide selection of courses.
The flexibility of the study plan is ensured by a wide variety of elective courses for both of the concentrations. The classes are scheduled mostly from 6 PM (3 PM for the 1st year of studies) till 9 PM, which makes it possible for the students to combine studies with part-time or full-time professional employment. The studies include professional internship during the 2nd year of studies, which plays important role in the Master Thesis research and further professional career
It is a practice-oriented program developing the skills required to articulate issues of public concern, analyze alternative policies, facilitate the adoption and implementation of specific public choices, and evaluate their effects. The goal is to educate professional analysts capable to deal with complex public policy issues of the modern world.
Our graduates build analytical and managerial careers in:
- National, regional and global think tanks (Carnegie Centre (Moscow), Centre for Political Technologies, Institute of World Politics and International Relations (IMEMO), PIR Centre
- International Human Rights and Humanitarian organizations (HR Watch, Doctors Without Borders, International Red Cross, Amnesty International)
- Business Associations and large corporation (Moscow Chamber of Trade and Commerce, Business Russia, ROSATOM, Yandex, LUKOIL
- National and International governmental agencies, International organization on Migration (IOM), British Council, UNESCO, Ministry of Economic Development of RF, Ministry of Education of RF, Government of Moscow)
The programme is open to students with different professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. We have graduates who demonstrate that public policy can be effectively mastered on the basis of management, political science, public administration, philosophy, history, geography, and even mathematics. It can be efficiently combined with various career experiences ranging from volunteering and NGO employment to business and civil service.
The programme is taught in English and has been welcoming international students since 2006. Our students are from Belarus, Canada, China, Egypt, Germany, France, Ghana, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Korea, Mexico, Colombia, Peru Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Thailand, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, USA, and other countries. The programme has a very strong and supportive international student community. Besides, international students are provided with an opportunity to study Russian, which makes adaptation easier.