• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Information for First-Year Students




  • Move into a Dormitory (if you are a non-Moscow resident or an international student)

    When: by August 31

    For International Students:

    Places in HSE University dormitories are distributed to international students through their Personal Accounts. Access to the ‘Dormitory’ section in your Personal Account will be made available after filling in the ‘Consent for Studies’ section and completing recognition procedure, but no earlier than August 17, 2020. You must download an accommodation referral for dormitory residence from your Personal Account, print it out and bring it to the dormitory.

    When moving into a dormitory, make sure you have the following documents:

    Should you have any questions, please send a message to: zaselenie@hse.ru.

  • Learn about visa and registration

    Visa and registration (eng) (PDF, 1,15 Мб)

    Visa and registration (rus) (PDF, 749 Кб)

    Visa and registration for CIS students (rus) (PDF, 681 Кб)


    HSE Visa and Registration Center Contacts:

    Adress: Moscow, 11 Pokrovsky Boulevard, Building D, D005/D006

    Tel.: 8 (495) 531-00-63

    Email: visa-registration@hse.ru

    Homepage on HSE University portal: https://ivisa.hse.ru/en/

  • Receive a Student ID Card

    Please upload your photo into the form

    The information of the issued student ID is located here

  • Receive a Library Card

    Read the Library Use Policy here

    Fill in the online registration form on the Library website at: https://library.hse.ru.  

    To get registered, you need a student ID card number and an HSE University corporate e-mail address.

    Upon getting a library membership, every user isassigned a bar code for their personal identification, which can be used as a library card.

  • Receive a Moscow Social Card for public transportation discounts

    A social card can be obtained from a local office of the Moscow Multifunctional Centre (‘My Documents’).

    Step 1: Check to see if your data has been included on the Moscow Social Register’s website: check the register of students/residents/doctoral students

    Step 2: Complete registration on the www.mos.ru portal and submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card through your personal account. Applications are usually processed within 30 calendar days. You can check the status of your application through your personal account or by visiting here.


    International students may submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card in person at one of the My Documents centers (regardless of their place of residence or place of study).

    Step 3: Pick up your Moscow social card from the My Documents centre that you selected when making an application for it. 

  • Obtain a MIR Card from VTB Bank. Applicable only for international students who are entitled to scholarships

    In partnership with Branch N. 7701 of VTB Bank, HSE University’s accountants oversee the issue of scholarship debit cards (note: these are not social cards) with free banking services and with a special HSE University design (our mascot, the Crow).

    You must send to std@hse.ru:

    • a photo/scan of a completed and signed application;
    • a photo/scan of a notarized translation of your passport;
    • a photo/scan of your temporary registration.

    In the subject line of your e-mail, please state the following: «Issue of MIR scholarship card from HSE University, Year 1, 2020». A response will be sent with further instructions.

    Students will be notified about the place, date and time for their card’s issue via their HSE University e-mail accounts.


    HSE University Accounting Contacts

    (with respect to scholarships and other payments to undergrads and graduate students, as well as the issue of MIR bank cards)

    Аdress: Office К-422 (3a Krivokolenny Pereulok, Moscow,)

    Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9.30 am-6 pm (with a break at 1pm-2pm)

    E-mail: std@hse.ru

    Tel.: 8-495-772-95-90 доб. 115-76; 114-15; 113-20

    Homepage on HSE University portal: https://www.hse.ru/org/hse/aup/ubu/scholarships 

  • Apply for a Certificate of Attendance, if necessary

    A certificate, confirming that you have been admitted to HSE University under the degree programme, shall be issued within five working days after an application is submitted. 

    When: after the issue of admission directive

Useful links

Academic Handbook covers all matters related to studying at HSE University.