How to Apply
Documents and admission rules
Admissions open: from June 20 to August 16, 2019 inclusive
You do not need to have practical experience in retail in order to apply for Master's programme Management in Retail. The programme is interdisciplinary in nature and does not require highly specialized prior training.
Applicants are selected based on the documents submitted by candidates in their portfolios. Prize awardees of the HSE Olympiad in 2019 who scored more than 68 points are given preference for admission to the programme in the form of a transfer of points received at the Olympiad, as the maximum score on the portfolio (100 points).
The portfolio competition
To participate in the portfolio competition, the applicant must submit the following documents to the Selection Committee:
- Personal statement indicating the field of studies and selected master's programme;
- The original or a photocopy of the document (diploma) on higher professional education of Russian or foreign University and the corresponding Annex to it;
- Photos 3x4 - 4 copies (matte);
- Passport or other officially recognized ID
- The reasons why the candidate wants to enrol in this master's programme;
- Professional plans for the future.
- Submission of documents till July 7, 2019 inclusive. On July 9, a business case will be sent to the e-mail specified in the submitted documents.The solution to the case will need to be sent by return letter before 23:59 on July 11.
- The submission of the documents until July 30, 2019, inclusive. On August 01, a case for analysis will be sent to the e-mail specified in the submitted documents.The solution to the case will need to be sent by return letter before 23:59 on August 03.
- Submission of documents till August 16, 2019 inclusive. On August 16, a case for analysis will be sent to the e-mail specified in the submitted documents.The solution to the case will need to be sent by return letter before 23:59 on August 18.
- Certificate of employment, if the applicant has initial experience in the field of retail;
- Letters of recommendation from place of study/work;
- Certificates/certificates on the study of specialized disciplines for the program (microeconomics, econometrics, strategic management, operational management, marketing, logistics, financial management, personnel management); Certificates/diplomas of professional retraining, refresher courses;
- Certificates of any scientific achievements, for example, publications, presentations at scientific conferences, etc. (photocopies of articles in scientific and professional journals, articles/abstracts in proceedings, conferences, collections of student papers, etc., indicating the name of the author and the title of the publication, as well as a photocopy of the cover of the journal and the page with the content and indication of the publisher, year of publication, issue number and other output of the publication);
- Diplomas of winners and laureates of competitions of scientific works, competitions of various levels (if available);
- Documents confirming the receipt in the process of previous training at the University scholarships ministries, departments, foundations, private companies and other organizations (certified by the University).