The main goal of Research Seminar is to develop professional competencies and skills for independent research work in the field of industrial development of information and communication technologies and systems software.
The main tasks facing by the students
- to develop skills for critical thinking on Russian and foreign information sources;
- to choose a research direction and topic;
- to acquire skills in setting engineering tasks related to the objects of professional activity (software products, projects, processes, personnel, methods and tools of software engineering);
- master modern methodology of preparing and conducting scientific research related to intensive use of mathematical methods and models;
- obtain systematic skills of project and research work in groups, scientific discussion, preparation of scientific reports and publications, presentation of research results.
Forms of work at the seminar
Research Seminar work is formed at the intersection of two cycles of activity:
- the cycle of the Master's Thesis preparation;
- the cycle of organizational forms of the research seminar.
From the very beginning, the research seminar is focused on the preparation of the Master's Thesis. The initial important stage of the process of its preparation in the first year of training is the writing of the Coursework.
The Master's Thesis preparation cycle is the main one; the cycle of organizational forms of the research seminar is adjusted to it, which is essentially a way of organizing a public discussion of each stage of the single research cycle.