Research internship is an obligatory part of the Master’s Programme “Applied Statistics with Network Analysis”. In 2019-2020 academic year the internship is carried out for 2nd year students during the 3rd - 4th modules.
The Internship is governed by the NRU HSE Regulations for HSE Student Project Work, Research and Internships.
Internship Program of the Master’s Programme "Applied Statistics with Network Analysis"
HSE Regulations for HSE Student Project Work, Research and Internships
Internship could take place at the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research, or an external organization.
The internship tasks may be:
- continuation of research work on the subject of course paper;
- participation in research projects of the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research, HSE departments and other organizations;
- work on the subject of a future Master's thesis;
- work on other research tasks.
Before starting the internship students must submit the following forms to the Study Office (January 15 - 20):
1. Internship Application
2. Internship Programme.
The forms must be signed by the student and her/his Supervisor. The forms are to contain contact information of the Internship Coordinator at the internship organization and the detailed plan of activities for the period of the internship, which is prepared by the student with participation of the Supervisor, based on the research topic.
Internship in an external organization
Students doing internship in external organizations with which HSE has no contract, should provide Confirmation letter from the hosting organization.
Internship report and defense
The internship is considered successful in case of receiving a positive feedback from the Internship Coordinator. After completing the internship, students need to submit the following documents to the study office:
- Internship Report with the signature and notes of the Internship Coordinator of the internship organization;
- Review of the intern’s work by the Internship Coordinator with a recommended grade;
- Original of Internship Programme.
The final grade for internship is made by the academic supervisor of the Master’s programme or another authorized person from the programme on the basis of a report and a review.