Double Degree MSc in Applied Social Psychology
Structure of the programme: 1st year at HSE, optional 2nd year at Tilburg University (for the Double Degree) or HSE.
Applied Social Psychology trains students in theoretical and applied social psychology, preparing them for careers in academia or in applied research settings. Students can enroll in a double-degree track, which will enable them to earn a degree from Tilburg University (the Netherlands) in addition to a degree from HSE University. Courses are taught by HSE lecturers and renowned experts from leading social and psychological schools worldwide. Students choose the areas that they wish to focus on so that they are well equipped to launch their careers after graduation.
Core courses and electives are offered in the following areas:
Year 1 – HSE University Moscow
1. Social Psychology
2. Cross-Cultural psychology
Year 2 – Tilburg University (for double-degree students) or HSE University Moscow
3. Economic Psychology
4. Work and Organizational Psychology
Students select the courses within these areas that best align with their interests and career goals. Courses offered by other faculties at HSE can also be taken for credit. Classes are a mix of lectures, seminars, and practice sessions.
- Study at two outstanding universities to earn two degrees.
- Set yourself up for an internationally-driven career.
- Gain practical experience from the beginning, working on international research projects through internships at the Centre for Sociocultural Research.
- Prepare for future careers both in academia (PhD, research track, teaching) and business (HR, marketing studies, personnel consulting).
- Choose an individual learning pathway, combining electives from the program and other HSE faculties, online courses and an individual thesis topic.
- Learn from leading social psychology scholars, including Klaus Boehnke, J. Berry, S. Breugelmans, and N. Lebedeva at HSE and F. van de Vijver, M. Zeelenberg, and I. van Beest at Tilburg University.