Innovation Strategy: Developing Your Fintech Strategy
- Skills to mastered both internal and external innovation tools
- Skills to understood Fintech innovation strategy
- Process management skills
- Innovation Strategy: Developing your FinTech StrategyWelcome to "Innovation strategy: Developing your Fintech strategy". I am excited to have you in the class and look forward to your contributions to the learning community. To help you understand how the course will be structured, we would suggest that you go to the 'Start Here' tab first. After that, feel free to explore the rest of the course including the lectures, readings and quizzes. We would also encourage you to interact with each other on the Discussion Forums. This is a great way of hearing from others and discussing particular topics. So please go and introduce yourself on the 'Introduce Yourself' thread. So let’s get started!
- Competing on technological innovationIn this module, we focus on the problem that your FinTech strategy is supposed to solve. We start at the digital disintegration of finance and how this changed the industry dynamics to an innovation game. We conclude by identifying the new roles for competition in the digital financial marketplace, and how your FinTech strategy is essential to successfully compete in these positions.
- Organizing for digital innovationIn this module, we are opening the strategic toolbox for FinTech innovation. We specifically address approaches to internal innovation, which includes focusing on both the organisational structures and more particularly on the setup of the IT department - the engine in our digital innovation process.
- Channeling the smarts of othersIn this module, we focus on how companies in the financial service industries can source innovations from the external of the company.
- Capstone project
- Nicola Ilario Sibilio, Marco Boero, & Luca Salerno. (2019). Banks and Fintech: strategies and business models. BANCARIA, 46. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.a.ban.bancar.v2y2019mfebruaryp46.62
- Ashta, A., & Biot, P. G. (2018). FinTech evolution: Strategic value management issues in a fast changing industry. Strategic Change, 27(4), 301–311. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsc.2203