Open Innovations Forum in Skolkovo: Vicente Guallart spoke on what makes a ’superstar city’
On October 21 in Skolkovo, within the framework of the Open Innovations forum, Vicente Guallart took part in a panel discussion on the topic ‘Technologies as a brand. How does a city become a superstar?’
Which cities have become superstars through the use of technology? How do cities interact with business and technology corporations to drive technological development? How do cities create breakthrough technologies? What technologies make Moscow a leader in urban development?
World experience demonstrates that technology and innovations help cities transform and become global development centres. The introduction of high-tech innovations allows you to create a comfortable urban infrastructure and living conditions for residents, and also to save resources. Such megacities as Tokyo, Singapur, Dubai and Barcelona are leading global development, setting the trends and demand for new technological services and products.
Main trends of brand city
Vicente Guallart spoke about the experience and the main trends in creating a brand city. We share the main points:
- Create a unified urban environment: the development of energy, parks, transport;
- The city must begin integrating digital technology into its habitat;
- To transform the city, people must reorganize themselves;
- Develop master plans with residents;
- The future of the city lies in local energy production.
- New technologies enable people to think in an innovative way;
- There are digital laboratories in Barcelona where even children can carry out their projects
- It is important to know your story in order to transform the future. Back in the early 20th century, electric cars were tested in Barcelona.
‘Open Innovations’ – annual Moscow forum of the Government of the Russian Federation about the development of innovation ecosystem. The Forum’s main goal is to develop and commercialize new technologies, promote global tech brands and create new tools for international cooperation in innovation.
Panel discussion participants
Natalya Trunova, Fund Center for Strategic Research, Vice President of the Center for Social Development, Head of Spatial Development
Denis Boykov, Moscow Urban Forum, CEO
Emmanuel Forest, Bouygues Europe, CEO
Eduard Gurinovich, CarPrice, Founder
Dirk Hilbert, City of Dresden, Ober-burgomaster
Andrei Kuzyaev, ER-Telecom Holding, President
Randeep Sudan, Multiverz Pte. Ltd., Founder
Aleksandra Volchenko, SAFMAR Group, Deputy General Director