Final State Certification
Final State Certification (FSC) is a mandatory part of studies under a degree programme and shall be organized for all students in their graduation year. The procedures for the organization and holding of Final State Certification (FSC) are governed by:
- Regulations on Final State Certification of Students in Bachelor’s, Specialist and Master’s Programmes at National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Provisional Regulations on Final State Certification of Students of Bachelor’s, Specialist and Master’s Programmes at National Research University Higher School of Economics
The Competition of Studies Under a Degree Programme
Only those students who have mastered the core degree programme in full may progress to the final state certification stage.
Specific List of Mandatory State Examinations
A specific list of mandatory state examinations, which are included in the FSC for students of the degree programme, is determined by respective degree programmes. In the 2021-2022 study year master’s programme “Prototyping future cities” FSC includes only Final Project Defence. The criteria for theses and procedures for their composition are regulated by Guidelines for the Final Project
Students choose topics of their Final projects following the procedures and deadlines prescribed by the Guidelines. Before choosing or refining the topic, students must discuss it with their potential supervisor. The supervisor must provide the student with a confirmation of supervision by Application form for topic submission (DOC, 38 Kb) A directive on assigning topics and final submission deadlines for Final Projects must be issued by December 15. Projects topics may be changed or refined no later than one calendar month before the official deadline for final submission of the Final Project. Application form for topic change (DOC, 39 Kb)
Procedure for Organizing and Conducting Appeals to the Results of Final State Examinations
Appeals may be filed in the following instances:
- if a student believes that there has been a procedural irregularity in the conduct of the FSC or thesis defence;
- if a student does not agree with his/her FSC results.
Appeals can only be submitted electronically by sending an email to the Secretary of the Appeals Committee.
Regulations on Final State Certification of Students in Bachelor’s, Specialist and Master’s Programmes at National Research University Higher School of Economics
Documents are awarded to HSE University alumni:
- a state-approved diploma (only for those students who have completed the FSC process);
- an HSE University custom diploma;
- a diploma supplement.
Alumni is awarded to diploma with honors
- if not less 75% of his/her grades are “excellent”;
- if Final Project Defence is submitted as excellent.