Open lecture "Aphasia: speech disorders in brain damage"
Neurolinguistics laboratory held an open science lecture "Aphasia: speech disorders in brain damage". The lecture was intended for everyone and did not require prior knowledge.
Aphasia is a speech disorder that occurs in adults after brain lesions (strokes, traumas, tumors). The lectures highlighted the following issues:
- What brain damage can result in a loss of the ability to speak and understand?
- What speech functions can be impaired?
- Is it possible to restore speech?
- What professionals do you need to address?
- How to communicate with a person who does not speak and does not understand speech?
These questions were answered by the scientific staff of the Neurolinguistics Laboratory, as well as practicing clinical specialists - speech therapists: S. Norvill (Municipal clinical hospital №79, Moscow) and Ekaterina Iskra (Center of speech pathology and neurorehabilitation).