Summer Neurolinguistics School 2020
|General Info||School Schedule||Lecturers and Talks||Short Talks and Posters||Practicalities|
[Update with regard to COVID-19 precautionary measures: In 2020, the School will be held fully online.]
The Center for Language and Brain at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) invites you to join us in Moscow, Russia, for our seventh annual Summer Neurolinguistics School. The event will take place ONLINE on 22-24 June 2020.
This year, the topic is Child Language Development. The school will be devoted to the cognitive and neural mechanisms of language acquisition, from infancy to adolescence, and to experimental and corpus approaches to their study.
Our confirmed lecturers are:
- Barbara Höhle, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Claudia Männel, Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Germany / Charité - Universitätsmedizin, Germany
- Sophia Malamud, Brandeis University, United States
- Irina Sekerina, College of Staten Island – The City University of New York, United States / National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russia
- Twila Tardif, University of Michigan, United States
The school will also feature solicited poster and short oral presentations.
What to expect?
The school is meant both as an educational event for students entering the field and as an academic environment where more advanced researchers can discuss the latest ideas and achievements in the field. To gain an impression, please see our previous schools.
The school program will include the following:
- Invited talks by renowned experts in language acquisition, presenting state-of-the-art experimental and corpus research on language acquisition in children, from infancy to adolescence.
- Contributed posters and oral presentations. Submissions focusing on language acquisition are particularly encouraged but we also welcome submissions on a broader range of neuro- and psycholinguistic topics.
Who should be interested?
The program will be of interest to professionals and students in the fields of Linguistics (both experimental and theoretical), Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Speech-Language Pathology, Early Childhood Education, and related fields. The lectures will provide relevant content both for students who are just entering the field and for advanced researchers.
In 2020, the school will be held fully online, with no registration fee.
20 May 2020: Abstract submission deadline [abstract submission form]
1 June 2020: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
15 June 2020: Registration deadline [registration form]
22-24 June 2020: Meeting dates (ONLINE)
● In 2020, the School is held online. All registered participant will receive web links by e-mail shortly before the School start.
● To attend the School, participants need to register [registration form].
● Abstract submissions [abstract submission form] are encouraged but not required to participate in the school.
● The working language of the School is English. No translation to Russian will be provided.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you at the School!
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.