HSE: a New Official Status
The Higher School of Economics has been given the status of a National Research University.
On October 7th the final session of the judging committee took place, which selected universities for a development program and assigned them the status of National Research University. 28 applications from universities, finalists of the contest, were scrutinised by the committee members during the session.
As a result of this discussion, by secret vote, 12 universities were selected as winners. They receive the status of a National Research University and grants from the federal budget for their development programmes in 2009-2018 amounting up to 1.8 billion roubles each.
List of the winners of the contest of universities'development programmes, which are receiving a status of a National Research University
- The Higher School of Economics
- Tupolev Kazan State Technical University
- Moscow Aviation Institute (State Technical University)
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University)
- Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod State University
- Novosibirsk State University
- Perm State Technical University
- Korolev Samara State Aerospace University
- Plekhanov Saint Petersburg State Mining Institute
- Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
- Tomsk Polytechnic University