HSE Staff Members Delivered Lectures in Beijing
Ekaterina Rakhilina, Head of the School of Linguistics, and Valentina Apresyan, Associate Professor at the School of Linguistics, delivered a series of lectures on Russian and English semantics and semantic typology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Peking University from March 30 to April 2.
Ekaterina Rakhilina spoke on:
- Foundations of Lexical Typology;
- Lexical Typology of Falling;
- Metaphors of rotation: typological approach;
- Lexical typology of OLD.
Valentina Apresyan spoke on:
- Semantics and prosody in Russian;
- Comparative semantics and pragmatics of constructions in Russian and English;
- Emotions in Russian and English: semantics, pragmatics, syntax;
- Principles of the integral description of language (in particular, the principle of semantic motivation): actual applications.