people took part in ‘Run, HSE, Run’, the first HSE sports festival in Izmailovo Park. The event was organized by the HSE Extreme Sports Club.
The main part of the event was a 5 km race. Most of the runners were HSE students, but there were also athletes from other universities. HSE graduates also took part in the race.
Each participant’s personal time was recorded with a digital chip timing system. Over 100 volunteers worked to provide comfort and security for the runners.
- Anna Motina, 1st-year student of the Faculty of Communications, Media and Design — 20:53;
- Anna Remizova, 1st-year student of MIEM HSE— 21:38;
- Elvira Kozlova, 1st-year student of the Faculty of Business and Management — 21:58.
- Sergey Tolstykh — 18:17;
- Alexey Tulupo — 18:31;
- Alexander Kishkurno, 1st-year student of the Faculty of Economic Sciences — 18:52.
The race wasn’t the only activity offered to the festival participants. Before the race, Sekta, a ‘perfect body school’, organized training sessions; Maria Kovalenko, Miss HSE 2017, offered a dancing master class; and the HSE Extreme Sport Club held a competition in basketball, as well as open training sessions in tennis, volleyball, football, and extreme sports.
The festival also featured a street basketball championship, where the following teams of the HSE Basketball League received the prizes:
- Gold — Highflyers;
- Silver — Shokalka Crew;
- Bronze — Moneyballs Hoopers.
Reporting by Alina Varakina, 2nd-year student of the HSE School of Logistics, specially for the HSE News Service