International conference ' Modernization of Governance: Prospects from Russia and China '
On October 2, 2019 the School of Public Affairs of Zhejiang University and International Laboratory on World Order Studies and the New Regionalism of HSE will hold the Russian-Chinese conference 'Modernization of Governance: Prospects from Russia and China'. The conference will bring together well-known Russian and Chinese political scientists and economists. During the conference, reports on local governance in Russia and China, the national governance of China, the place of Russia and China in global governance, regionalism and integration processes in Eurasia will be presented.
Venue: Russia, Moscow, Malaya Ordynka street, 17, room 106.
If you need a pass to HSE, please contact email@example.com
10.00 – 10.10 – Opening remarks
Igor Kovalev – first deputy dean of Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs of HSE
10.10 – 11.10 – Speech of the conference participants
1. Kirill Barsky – Ambassador-at-Large, Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation: «The World in the 2020: Responding to New Realities».
2. Yu Xunda – professor of Zhejiang University: «Decoupling between China and America: Implications for Global Governance».
3. Cui Shunji – associate professor of Department of Political Science of Zhejiang University: «China’s Role in Global Governance: Understanding its Normative Challenges».
4. Alexander Lukin – professor of HSE: «Russian-Chinese Strategic Partnership and US-China Trade War».
11.10 – 11.30 - Coffee break
11.30 – 12.30 – Speech of the conference participants
1. Lang Youxing – professor of Zhejiang University：«China's National Governance: Corrective Objectives, Supporting systems, and Major Issues».
2. Maxim Bratersky – professor of HSE: «Russia’s View of Global Governance»
3. Shi Xiaoqin – professor: «Defence Modernization in China: A National Governance Perspective».
4. Oksana Sinyavskaya – deputy director of Institute for Social Policy of HSE: «Reform of the Pension System and Russia’s Economic Development».
12.30 – 14.30 – Lunch
14.30 – 16.00 – Speech of the conference participants
1. Andrei Skriba – research fellow of Centre for Comprehensive European and International Studies of HSE: «Russia-Belarus Union State: A New Type of Relationship».
2. Yu Jianxing – professor of Zhejiang University: «Local Government Innovation in China: New Progresses in Local Governance».
3. Vladimir Ryzhkov – professor of HSE: «Regionalism and Local Governance in Russia».
4. Zhang Weiwen – professor of Zhejiang University: «Hangzhou City Brain: An Experimental Field in Modernization of China's Urban Governance».
5. Dmitry Novikov – deputy head of International Laboratory on World Order Studies and the New Regionalism of HSE: «Eurasian Economic Union and Russian Policy in Eurasia».
6. Wang Shizong – professor of Zhejiang University: «Policy Implementation and Grassroots Social Governance in China».
16.00 – 17.00 – Discussion and closing ceremony
17.00 – 18.00 – Cooperation talks