3rd International Annual Conference of the LCSR: ' Cultural and Economic changes under cross-national perspective '. Deadline for application: August 10. Dates of the event: November 12–17, 2013, Moscow.
Laboratory for Comparative Social Research (HSE) announces a call for the 3rd International Annual Research Conference: “Cultural and Economic changes under cross-national perspective” in Moscow. The conference aims at developing empirical quantitative comparative (cross-country and cross-regional) studies in social science.
The conference topics are:
- Social Well-Being and Its Measurement
- Social Solidarity and Welfare States
- Values, Trust and Happiness
- Nationalism, Ethnicity and Migration
- Gender, Work and Life Satisfaction
- Political Regimes, Elections and Elites
- Religiosity and Tolerance
- Social Change and Genetic Diversity
- Innovative Consumption, Bribery and Corruption
- Social Justice, Aging and Generations
- Urban Loneliness and Civic Engagement
Key note speakers are:
- Ronald Inglehart (Scientific Director, LCSR, HSE and Professor, University of Michigan, USA),
- Christian Welzel (Associate Professor, HSE and Professor, University Leufana, Germany)
- Eduard Ponarin (NRU HSE, Saint-Petersburg, Russia)
- Arye Rattner (University of Haifa)
- Malina Voicu (EUROLAB, GESIS)
- Bogdan Voicu (Romanian Academy of Sciences, Research Institute for Quality of Life)
- Musa Shteiwi (University of Jordan, Jordanian Center for Social Research)
The application deadline for presenting a paper is August 10, 2013. The notification of acceptance will be given by August 15, 2013. Please send applications to email@example.com. The full papers are expected to be submitted by October 15, 2013.
The application should meet the following requirements:
- Author(s) name(s) including affiliation and e-mail;
- Title of proposal, 3 - 5 keywords and abstract (250 words for the paper);
- The paper should be empirical and analyze processes of social change in comparative perspective (more than 5 countries) using quantitative methods;
- The paper should address one or several topics of the conference.
Working language is English. Registration fee is 1000 rubles (35 euro), participation for presenters and speakers is free of charge.
LCSR provides accommodation at HSE Guest House only for presenters and speakers. Travel expenses are covered only for LCSR associated members.
LCSR welcomes non-presenting participants. Registration should be before October 25 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked "Registration for the 3rd LCSR Conference". The application should contain your name, affiliation, and your date of birth (to provide the certificate of attendance).