Scientific Seminar “Turkey and its neighborhood: conceptual approaches and principles of relations”
On November 25, 2022 at 17:00 Moscow time, the Faculty of World Economy and World Politics and the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies (CCEIS) of the National Research University Higher School of Economics invite everyone to take part in the online scientific seminar “Turkey and its neighborhood: conceptual approaches and principles of relations”.
The participants of the seminar will discuss the specifics of Turkey's foreign policy activities in the post-Soviet space. The participants will also determine Turkey's foreign policy priorities in this region and identify the specifics of Russian-Turkish cooperation at the present stage.
The following issues will be discussed during the workshop:
- Once the concept of increasing “strategic depth”, put forward by Turkish intellectuals, attracted great attention all over the world and became the basis of the country's foreign policy for a while. Is there any unifying idea that Ankara's course towards its immediate neighbors is subject to?
- What are the current views in Turkish research, expert and political communities regarding the place of the post-Soviet space and priorities in Turkey's foreign policy today?
- How does Turkey understand regional security and what are its most significant aspects – military, political, economic, socio-cultural?
- What is the role of the post-Soviet countries in the Turkish economy?
- What is the secret of the extremely strong relations between Turkey and Russia, which do not weaken, despite the divergence on almost all issues of the regional agenda? How stable are they and what are the possible formats of interaction between Turkey and the Russian Federation in the post-Soviet space?
Likhacheva Anastasia Borisovna, Dean of the Faculty of World Economy and World Politics (FWEWP), Leading Research Fellow at the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies (CCEIS) of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (NRU HSE)
Adil İlter Turan, Honorary Professor of International Relations at Istanbul Bilgi University and former President of the International Political Science Association (IPSA) in Turkey
Fyodor Lukyanov, Editor-in-Chief of Russia in Global Affairs magazine, Chairman of the Presidium of the Council on Foreign and Defense Policy, Director for Research at the Valdai International Discussion Club, Academic Supervisor of the International Relations Educational Program and Professor at the National Research University Higher School of Economics
Participants of the discussion:
Vasily Borisovich Kashin, Director of the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies (CCEIS) of the National Research University Higher School of Economics, Associate Professor of the Faculty of World Economy and World Politics
Working language: English
Venue: online platform Zoom*
Date and time: November 25, 2022, 17:00 - 19:00 Moscow time
To confirm your participation, please register online: https://fakultet-mirovoy-ek-event.timepad.ru/event/2221633/
If you have any questions about the event, please contact the coordinators of the event Belous Yulia Alexandrovna (e-mail: email@example.com) and Kulieva Nubara (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
A recording of the event will be available after the event on the portal of the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies www.cceis.hse.ru.
*Please note that for security reasons, we only provide a link to the event after electronic registration. An hour before the event, all those who have registered from the TimePad platform will receive a link to enter the ZOOM conference at the email specified during registration.