• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site
National Research University Higher School of EconomicsNewsEducationStudents from Tilburg University at HSE St. Petersburg

Students from Tilburg University at HSE St. Petersburg

On April 6th, 2016, students from Tilburg University, participants of the Outreaching Honors Programme for outstanding Bachelor's students who aspire to apply their knowledge and skills to solve social issues, visited HSE in Saint Petersburg.

Fifty students from different countries, including the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Britain, Portugal and Austria, came to Saint Petersburg to find out more about Russian culture, our system of education and student life. The visit officially started at HSE Saint Petersburg.

During the meeting, Christopher Gerry, Professor at St. Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Humanities, gave a presentation about HSE and the campus strategy of internationalization. He also spoke about the activities of the International Centre for Health Economics, Management, and Policy. The research project about the health risks of smoking for Russians aroused great interest among international students.

After the presentation the international students met HSE members of the international student community ‘Buddy Club’. HSE students told their international colleagues about student life at HSE, the Russian mentality and culture and organized an excursion around St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management.

This visit of international students was organized as part of the partnership agreement between HSE and the Netherlands Institute in Saint Petersburg.

Tilburg University is a public research university specializing in the social and behavioral sciences, economics, law, business sciences and humanities. About 50 bachelor's and master's programmes of the university are intended for international students and taught in English.

Tilburg University was founded in 1927, as the Roman Catholic University of Commerce. In 1963 the university was renamed Tilburg University.