Selection for CFA Institute Research Challenge Starts
Fourth year Bachelor’s students and first or second year Master’s students are invited to take part in CFA Institute Research Challenge, an annual international competition in financial analysis held by CFA Institute among student teams.
More than 30 universities from all over Russia, as well as universities from Belarus and Azerbaidzhan, took part in CFA IRC 2017/2018. HSE Team consistently takes high places at the Russian CFA IRC stage and on numerous occasions has represented Russia at the international competition stages, including Amsterdam, Chicago, and Prague.
Participation in the competition will enable you to:
- make your theoretical knowledge applied;
- gain a clear understanding of all the stages of investment analysis;
- learn from the investment professionals’ experience;
- meet the representatives of other universities and countries;
- improve your public speaking and team work skills.
Submit your application if you are self-confident, familiar with the fundamentals of financial and investment analysis and corporate finance, fluent in English, and eager to become a member of the Team which will represent HSE at CFA IRC 2018 / 2019.
Selection has 2 stages:
Stage I: Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 25, 2018.
The application has to include the following documents in English:
2. Motivation letter explaining why it is important for you to take part in the competition and why you can be a valuable member of HSE Team;
3. Presentation with 3 slides with a mini-analysis and a “buy”/ “hold” / “sell” recommendation for a public company of your choice.
Stage II: interview for those who successfully passed Stage I, where you will be expected to present the following:
1. A short self-presentation;
2. Results of the mini-analysis of the public company chosen at Stage I.
After Stage II, 5 students will be nominated for the HSE Team and will enjoy the unique opportunity of participating in an international competition. All HSE Team members will benefit from getting hands-on experience of doing financial analysis and making investment decisions.