The Institute of Information Technologies was founded in 2010 on the basis of the Institute for Business Informatics Development to carry out complex research on the problems of business informatics, such as improvement of information systems and technologies of the administration of large socio-economic structures.
Key tasks of the Institute's activity include:
- Initiating and implementing theoretical research in business informatics
- Carrying out innovative applied research in IT
- Adjustment of international standards and technologies to the Russian situation
Theoretical and applied research at the Institute is focused on the following fields:
- Complex analysis and development of architectures of information systems for management of large companies, regional economic institutions and big federal programmes;
- Innovative applied development of IT tools and management prototypes as well as standards in collaboration with the largest international developers in this area;
- Preliminary and pre-project expertise, imitational experiments, accumulation of a database on management information systems and standards, including precedents and case studies;
- Adjustment of international standards to the Russian situation, including problems related to the reengineering of business processes accompanying Russia's accession to the WTO (corporations, regions, universities).
Educational and consulting work at the Institute is focused on the following fields:
- Advising services and training on management information systems;
- Expertise and attestation of management information systems for large companies, regional economic institutions and large federal programmes;
- Development of a research basis for interdisciplinary inter-faculty master's programmes at the HSE within the framework of the Institute's competencies;
- Participation in the development of the entrepreneurial environment, development of innovative project and training systems for the commercialization of the received results, interaction with venture capital funds and participation in the creation of the HSE business incubator.
Academic, educational and organizational activities of the Institute are focused in the following fields:
- Organization of research seminars, workshops and conferences, including those organized jointly with other HSE departments;
- Publication of papers on research and other publications in specialist areas;
- Contribution to the HSE's corporate information in the areas of the Institute's expertise.