- Lecturer:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies / Department of Political Science
- Galina Selivanova has been at HSE since 2013.
Saint Petersburg State University
Novosibirsk State Technical University
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
May- July 2010 - Research Intern at the Center for Democracy, Aarau (ZDA), Switzerland
April-May 2018 - visiting scholar at Humboldt University of Berlin (Berlin Graduate School of Social Sciences, BGSS), Germany under the academic supervision of Prof. Dr. Silvia von Steinsdorff
January-February 2019 - visiting scholar at the University of Exeter, UK ( academic supervisor Dr. John Heathershaw)
- Non-Competitive Elections in New Autocracies ()Eng
- Post-Communist Civil Society: Comparative Perspective (Master’s programme; Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Comparative Politics of Eurasia"; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Post-Communist Civil Society: Comparative Perspective (Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Comparative Politics of Eurasia")Eng
- Research Seminar "Eurasian Political Studies" (Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Comparative Politics of Eurasia")Eng
- Article Selivanova Galina, Koltsova Olessia. Explaining Offline Participation in a Social Movement with Online Data: The case of Observers for Fair Elections // Mobilization. 2019. Vol. 24. No. 1 (in press)
- Preprint Koltsova O., Selivanova G. EXPLAINING OFFLINE PARTICIPATION IN A SOCIAL MOVEMENT WITH ONLINE DATA: THE CASE OF OBSERVERS FOR FAIR ELECTIONS / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series SOC "Sociology". 2015. No. 67.
- Chapter Selivanova G. Utilization of the Information and Communication Technologies by the Legislative Assemblies of the Republics of the Russian Federation, in: Мировые тенденции медиасферы – 2011: сб. статей по итогам регулярного научно-практического семинара «День науки». СПб. : [б.и.], 2012.
- 2014Social media and social movements (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Movement for Fair Elections in Saint Petersburg: From Connective to Collective Action
- Baltic Sea Region and Eastern Europe: A new generation on the move (Стокгольм). Presentation: New Social Movements in Russia: Activists’ Self-Identification: Case Study of Saint Petersburg
Conferences & Presentations
The Internet, Policy, and Politics Conference (IPP 2016) Oxford Internet Institute, Oxford, UK. Presentation 'Explaining Offline Participation in a Social Movement with Online Data: The case of Observers for Fair Elections' - co-authored with prof. E. Koltsova, NRU HSE
ECPR General Conference 2017, University of Oslo, Norway. Presentation 'Social Movements in Russian Politics: Changing Menu of Electoral Manipulations (case-study of St.Petersburg elections 2012 - 2016)
ECPR General Conference 2017, University of Oslo, Norway. Presentation: 'Functions of Authoritarian Elections: Testing the Theory (The Case of the 2014 Elections in St. Petersburg, Russia)' co-authored with Prof.Dr. D.V. Goncharov
The 11th APSA Annual Meeting Exhibition 2018, Boston, USA: 'The Impact of Electoral Monitors on 2016 Russian Parliamentary Elections' co-authored with A. Gridnev, Scuola Normale Superiore, Florence, Italy [accepted for the presentation]
2014 - CGES scholarship to participate in Berlin Summer School in Social Sciences “Linking Theory and Empirical Research”, the BGSS at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and the Berlin Social Research Center (WZB)