Victoria Olegovna Vasileva
- Victoria Olegovna Vasileva has been at HSE since 2009.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 2013Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Philosophical Anthropology and Philosophy of Culture
Degree in Philosophy
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Contemporary Art (Master’s programme; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Contemporary Theories of Media (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Visual Culture"; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- History and Methods of Cultural Research (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Cultural and Intellectual History: Between East and West", "Applied Cultural Studies", "Visual Culture"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Book Vasileva V. O., Trushkina E. Y. Film Festivals and Anthropology. Newcastle upon Tyne : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2017.
- Article Vasileva V. O. Post-photography as Visual Artifact and Communication Strategy: New Challenges for Social (Cultural) Anthropology // Международный журнал исследований культуры. 2017. No. 2(27). P. 112-119.
- Chapter Vasileva V. O., Trushkina E. Y. Visual Anthropology in the USSR and Post-Soviet Russia: a History of Festival Practices, in: Film Festivals and Anthropology. Newcastle upon Tyne : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2017. P. 89-110.
- Chapter Chistyakova Victoria. The relationship between culture and media: modern trends in the university educational courses, in: Nowe media. Nowe interpretacje. Warsz. : Wydawnictwo Wyżsej Szkoły Pedagogicznej, 2010. P. 218-227.
- Chapter Vasileva V. O. Good and evil from the screen: evolution of image, in: Pluralisme et reconnaissance. Défis des particularismes et des minorités. P. : IIIT France, 2008. P. 277-284.
The results of the competition organized by HSE Fund for Educational Innovation have been announced.
On September 27, the 6th International Festival of Audiovisual Anthropology ‘Days of Ethnographic Cinema’ starts at the Museum of Moscow. Our guide will show you why not only professionals should go to this event and what’s remarkable about its programme.