- Sasha Shapoval has been at HSE University since 2014.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences* in Mathematical Modelling, Numerical Methods and Software Complexes
Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics
- 2005Associate Professor
Lomonosov Moscow State University
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Awards and Accomplishments
Student Term / Thesis Papers
M. Fomenko «When the Leader Moves First: Political Competition Between Two Incumbents Distinct in Valence». Faculty of Computer Science, 2019
K. Kupeev «Creation of the Web-Site With Online Courses». Faculty of Computer Science, 2019
M. Urev «How Many Monopolists are on the Market?». Faculty of Computer Science, 2018
D. Vaskin «Ethnic Diversity of Countries: General Regularities or Specific Examples?». Faculty of Computer Science, 2017
D. Krasnova «Properties of Returns of Financial Indices at the Time of Anomalously Large Values of Their Markov Radius of Correlation». Faculty of Computer Science, 2017
Editorial board membership
2014: Member of the Editorial Board, Компьютерные исследования и моделирование (Computer Research and Modeling).
- 201823rd Coalition Theory Network (CTN) Workshop (Маастрихт). Presentation: Two and a Half Oligopolies in the Sea of the Competitive Fringe
- 2017European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2017 (Вена). Presentation: Anomalous higher frequency component of ISSN and relationship between sunspot lifetime and their birthrate: explanation with an AR-1 model
- Article Savostianov A., Shapoval S., Shnirman M. Reconstruction of the coupling between solar proxies: When approaches based on Kuramoto and Van der Pol models agree with each other // Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation. 2020. Vol. 83. P. 105149. doi
- Article Savostyanov A., Shapoval S., Shnirman M. G. The inverse problem for the Kuramoto model of two nonlinear coupled oscillators driven by applications to solar activity // Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena. 2020. Vol. 401. P. 132160. doi
- Chapter Fomenko M., Alexander Shapoval. Modeling of Necessity Entrepreneurship via General Equilibrium Approach, in: Proceedings of the MACSPro Workshop 2019 / Ed. by Irina Lomazova, Anna Kalenkova, Р. Яворский. Vol. 2478: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, 2019. P. 185-190.
- Chapter Dayana Mukhametshina, Shapoval S., Shnirman M. G. Self-Organized Criticality on Self-Similar Lattice: Exponential Time Distribution between Extremes, in: Proceedings of the MACSPro Workshop 2019 / Ed. by Irina Lomazova, Anna Kalenkova, Р. Яворский. Vol. 2478: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, 2019. P. 127-138.
- Article A. Shapoval, A. Zakharov, Weber S. Valence influence in electoral competition with rank objectives // International Journal of Game Theory. 2019. Vol. 48. No. 3. P. 713-753. doi
- Article Shapoval S., Davydov D., Weber S. Linguistic Equilibrium with Local and World Languages: Challenges of Globalization // World Economy. 2018. Vol. 41. No. 7. P. 1790-1811. doi
- Article Shapoval S., Le Mouël J., Shnirman M., Courtillot V. Observational evidence in favor of scale free evolution of sunspot groups // Astronomy and Astrophysics. 2018. Vol. 618. P. A183-1-A183-13. doi
- Preprint Goncharenko V., Pokrovsky D. A., Shapoval S. The Stable Coexistence of Oligopolies and the Competitive Fringe / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2018. No. 196.
- Article Shapoval S., Le Mouël J., Shnirman M., Courtillot V. Dynamics of Sunspot Series on Time Scales From Days to Years: Correlation of Sunspot Births, Variable Lifetimes, and Evolution of the High-Frequency Spectral Component // JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-SPACE PHYSICS. 2017. Vol. 122. No. 12. P. 11,874-11,887. doi
- Article Shapoval A.B., V.M. Goncharenko. Mismatch of Supply and Demand as a Response to Demand Uncertainty // Journal of Mathematical Sciences. 2016. Vol. 216. No. 5. P. 633-648. doi
- Article A. Shapoval, Le Mouël J., Shnirman M., Courtillot V. Stochastic Description of the High-Frequency Content of Daily Sunspots and Evidence for Regime Changes // Astrophysical Journal. 2015. Vol. 799. P. 56-65.
- Article Shapoval A., Le Mouël J., Shnirman M., Courtillot V. When Daily Sunspot Births Become Positively Correlated // Solar Physics. 2015. Vol. 290. No. 10. P. 2709-2717. doi
- Article Shapoval S., Le Mouël J., Shnirman M., Courtillot V. Can irregularities of solar proxies help understand quasi-biennial solar variations? // Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics. 2014. Vol. 21. P. 797-813. doi
- Article Shapoval A., Le Mouel J., Shnirman M., Courtillot V. Is a sudden increase of irregularity of sunspot numbers a precursor of a return to low solar activity? // Journal of Geophysical Research. 2014. Vol. 119. P. 6120-6130.
- Article Shapoval Alexander, Le Mouel J., Shnirman M., Courtillot V. Two Regimes in the Regularity of Sunspot Number // Astrophysical Journal. 2013. Vol. 779. P. 108-116.
- Article Shapoval A.B., Shnirman M. The BTW mechanism on a self-similar image of a square: A path to unexpected exponents // Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications. 2012. Vol. 391. No. 1-2. P. 15-20.
- Article Shapoval A. Prediction problem for target events based on the inter-event waiting time // Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications. 2010. Vol. 389. P. 5145-5154.
This year, HSE has supported the founding of 10 new Research and Teaching Laboratories (RTLs) in various fields, from cognitive psychology and computer modeling, to international justice and economics of sports.
The workshop on ‘Big Data and Applications’ was organized by HSE School of Business Informatics, Institut Mines-Télécom in association with CNRS MADICS with the support of the French Embassy in Russia, and the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
The Russian Science Foundation has announced winners of its latest grant competition to support basic scientific research and exploratory scientific research conducted by research teams.