- Deputy Director:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg
- Acting Director:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / Centre for Research Management and Academic Development
- Professor:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies / Department of Political Science
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Maxim Khomyakov has been at HSE since 2017.
- Responsible for the development of international activities of the branch, carries out planning and General management of international activities
- Responsible for the strategic planning of the campus
- Coordinates activities and projects in the field of basic research
Supervises the activities of:
- International Office
- Centre for Research Management and Academic Development
- Analytical Centre
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences*
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Philosophy
Gorky Ural State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
- Historical, Political and Economic Integration of BRICS (Master’s programme; School of Arts and Humanities, Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Applied and Interdisciplinary History "Usable Pasts"", "Applied and Interdisciplinary History "Usable Pasts"", "State, Society and Economic Development in Modern Asia", "Comparative Politics of Eurasia"; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- History of Political Ideas (Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Political Science and World Politics")Eng
- Medieval Intellectual History (Bachelor’s programme; School of Arts and Humanities; programme "History"; 2 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
1) Historical, Political and Economic Integration of BRICKS (Master’s programme, Faculty: School of Arts and Humanities, Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies, programme: Applied and Interdisciplinary History "Usable Pasts", 2 year, 1,2 module)
2) History of Political Ideas (Bachelor’s programme, Faculty: Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies, 1 year, 1,2 module)
- Article Khomyakov M. BRICS and Global South: Towards Multilateral Educational Collaboration // Changing societies and personalities. 2018. Vol. 2. No. 4. P. 329-350. doi
- Chapter Khomyakov Maxim. Building a World-Class University and the Role of the University Rankings: A Russian Case, in: World University Rankings and the Future of Higher Education. Hershey : IGI Global, 2017. doi P. 1-27. doi
- Article Khomyakov Maxim. Fin de Siècle in the Trajectories of Russian Modernity: Novelty and Repetition // Changing societies and personalities. 2017. Vol. 1. No. 3. P. 220-236. doi
- Chapter Maxim Khomyakov. Global: Brics University League Starts to Form, But Needs True Collaboration., in: Understanding Higher Education Internationalization. Global Perspectives on Higher Education / Ed. by G. Mihut, P. G. Altbach, H. Wit. Issue 39. Boston, Rotterdam, Taipei : Sense Publishers, 2017. doi P. 291-293. doi
- Chapter Khomyakov Maxim. Russia between East, West and North: Comments on the History of Moral Mapping, in: The Moral Mappings of South and North. Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 2017. P. 72-106.
- Article Maxim Khomyakov. Réseaux ou projets d’excellence : de quoi les BRICS ont-ils vraiment besoin ? / Пер. с англ. // HERMES (France). 2017. No. 79. P. 132-139.
- Article Хомяков М. Б. Сети интернационализации: программы академического превосходства и сетевые университеты // Университетское управление: практика и анализ. 2016. № 6. С. 35-43.
- Chapter Хомяков М. Б. Идея толерантности в философии позднего Дж.Роулза // В кн.: Многоликая современность. Отв. ред. Р.Г.Браславский и А.В.Малинов. СПб. : Интерсоцис, 2014. С. 37-48.
- Article Maxim Khomyakov. Toleration and respect: Historical instances and current problems // European Journal of Political Theory. 2013. Vol. 12. No. 3. P. 223-239. doi
- Article Хомяков М. Б. Толерантность и ее границы // Национальный психологический журнал. 2011. Т. 6. № 2. С. 25-33.
Editorial board membership
2016: Member of the Editorial Council, Social Science Information.
2012: Member of the Editorial Council, Educational Studies.
Looking Beyond the Rankings: University Reputation to be a Focus of the Sixth International Conference 'Education and World Cities'
On 22-23 May, HSE University – St Petersburg will host the sixth annual international conference, ‘Education and World Cities 2019: New Horizons in University Reputation’. This year, the conference will focus on the issue of universities' reputations and brands beyond the world’s university ranking systems.
On January 13-24, a delegation of HSE University – St Petersburg visited China in order to strengthen current partnerships and develop the new ones. As the result, the number of partnerships with Chinese universities increased to 7, and overall it is over 80.
We are particularly interested in expanding our international partner's network. Signing new student exchange agreements is a basic step in this processes. Let's find out the newest one, which is signed within AMEC.