Felix Javier Lopez Iturriaga
- Leading Research Fellow:HSE Campus in Perm / International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy
- Felix Javier Lopez Iturriaga has been at HSE University since 2014.
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences*
University of Valladolid
1995 PhD in Business Management (University of Valladolid, Spain), with honors
Title of Thesis: Financial constraints and capital expenditures in large Spanish companies
1990 B.A. Business Management, University of Valladolid (Spain), with honors
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Assessment of foreing strategic investment and development and implementation of new management technologies (2000-01)
Spanish National Science Agency:
Corporate governance and value creation in a crisis environment (2011-2013)
Corporate governance of European firms: beyond laws and codes of good governance (2010).
Real options and investment value in electric utility firms. Development, implementation and analysis based on Monte Carlo simulation methods (2007-10).
The governance of foundations in Spain (2003-05).
Financial systems, corporate finance and corporate governance in the OECD countries (1998-2001).
Regional Science Agency:
Family firms in Castilla and León: diversification, employment and innovation (2009)
Governance and management of foundations in Castilla and León (2007-09)
Ownership and governance of family firms in Castilla and León (2006)
Growth opportunities and finance of foreing firms in Castilla and León (2005)
The profile of regional innovative firms. Interactions among R&D, finance and public funds (2004)
Real options and firms market value (2004-06)
R&D in Castilla and León: determinants and consequences (2003)
Business internationalization. An application to Castilla and León (1998-2000)
April 18, 2018 - Grant for RFS Project No. 18-18-00270 "Competitiveness and Leapfrogging Capabilities of Russian Business through Intangibles", Role - Researcher
July 09, 2015 - Grant for RSF Project No.15-18-20039 “Competitiveness of Russian companies in the condition of import substitution: the role of intangibles” (Performance period: 2015-2017), Role - Leading Researcher
- Article Kirpishchikov D., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Zavertiaeva M. A. BOARDS OF DIRECTORS IN BRIC COUNTRIES: A REVIEW OF EMPIRICAL STUDIES // Russian Management Journal. 2021. Vol. 19. No. 2. P. 195-228. doi
- Article Jara M., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Torres J. P. Firm value and pyramidal structures: New evidence for family firms // Journal of Business Research. 2021. Vol. 127. P. 399-412. doi
- Article Blanco-Alcántara D., Gallud-Cano J., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., López-de-Foronda O. Have European banks maintained their payout policy during the crisis? The role of scrip dividends // International Journal of Finance and Economics. 2021 doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Vega-Gutierrez P. L., Rodriguez-Sanz J. A. Labour market conditions and the corporate financing decision: A European analysis // Research in International Business and Finance. 2021. Vol. 58. Article 101431. doi
- Article Lozano M. B., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Braz-Bezerra V. H. Regulatory Dualism as an Alternative Trust-Enhancing Mechanism for Dividends and Debt: Evidence from Brazil // International Review of Finance. 2021. Vol. 21. No. 1. P. 121-144. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Díaz-Díaz N. L., Santana-Martín D. J. The role of political ties and political uncertainty in corporate innovation // Long Range Planning. 2021. Article 102111. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Gallud Cano J., Lopez-de-Foronda Perrez O. European Banks’ Legal Provisions and Financial Crises: The Influence of Corporate Governance and Institutional Environment // Czech Journal of Economics and Finance. 2020. Vol. 70. No. 1. P. 70-93. doi
- Article Kolari J. W., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Sanz I. P. Measuring systemic risk in the U.S. Banking system // Economic Modelling. 2020. Vol. 91. P. 646-658. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Zavertiaeva M. A. Networks of directors on Russian boards: The hidden part of the corporate governance iceberg // Russian Management Journal. 2020. Vol. 18. No. 1. P. 29-50. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Pérez-Calero L., Hurtado-González J. M. Do the institutional environment and types of owners influence the relationship between ownership concentration and board of director independence? An international meta-analysis // International Review of Financial Analysis. 2019. Vol. 61. P. 233-244. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Crisóstomo V. L., Brandão I. d. Large Shareholders’ Power and the Quality of Corporate Governance: An Analysis of Brazilian Firms // SSRN Electronic Journal. 2019. P. 1-22. doi
- Article Kolari J., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Pastor Sanz I. Predicting European bank stress tests: Survival of the fittest // Global Finance Journal. 2019. Vol. 39. P. 44-57. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Lozano M. B., Bezerra V. Regulatory Dualism as anAlternative Trust-EnhancingMechanism for Dividends and Debt:Evidence from Brazil // International Review of Finance. 2019. P. 1-24. doi
- Article Zavertiaeva M. A., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Kuminova E. V. Better innovators or more innovators? Managerial overconfidence and corporate R&D // Managerial and Decision Economics. 2018. Vol. 39. No. 4. P. 447-461. doi
- Article Félix J. López-Iturriaga, Álvarez-Otero S. Does corporate governance affect the valuation of Spanish IPOs? The role of ownership structure and the board of directors // Spanish Journal of Finance and Accounting. 2018. Vol. 47. No. 2. P. 214-241. doi
- Article Anna Bykova, Felix Lopez-Iturriaga. Exports-performance relationship in Russian manufacturing companies: Does foreign ownership play an enhancing role? // Baltic Journal of Management. 2018. Vol. 13. No. 1. P. 20-40. doi
- Article Félix J. López Iturriaga, Zarza Herranz C., Reguera-Alvarado N. The right person at the right time: Audit committee members and the quality of financial information. // Universia Business Review. 2018. No. 58. P. 18-35. doi
- Article Torres J. P., Jara Bertín M., Lopez Iturriaga F. J. Corporate control and firm value: The bright side of business groups // Journal of Family Business Strategy. 2017. Vol. 8. No. 2. P. 99-108. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Díez-Esteban J. M., García-Gómez C. D., Santamaría-Mariscal M. Corporate risk-taking, returns and the nature of major shareholders: Evidence from prospect theory // Research in International Business and Finance. 2017. Vol. 42. P. 900-911. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Witt M., Rivas J. L., Zattoni A., Judge W., Talaulicar T., Chen J. J., Lewellyn K., Hu H. W., Gabrielsson J., Puffer S., Shukla D., Adegbite E., Fassin Y., Yamak S., Fainshmidt S., van Ees H. Does board independence influence financial performance in IPO firms? The moderating role of the national business system (Forthcoming) // Journal of World Business. 2017
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., López-Millán E. J. Institutional framework, corporate ownership structure, and R&D investment: An international analysis // R & D Management. 2017. Vol. 47. No. 1. P. 141-157. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Sanz I. P. Bankruptcy visualization and prediction using neural networks: A study of U.S. commercial banks // Expert Systems with Applications. 2015. Vol. 42. No. 6. P. 2857-2869. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Judge W. Q., Hu H. W., Gabrielsson J., Talaulicar T., Witt M. A., Zattoni A., Chen J. J., Shukla D., Quttainah M., Adegbite E., Rivas J. L., Kibler B. Configurations of Capacity for Change in Entrepreneurial Threshold Firms: Imprinting and Strategic Choice Perspectives // Journal of Management Studies. 2015. Vol. 52. No. 4. P. 506-530. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Judge W. Q., Witt M. A., Zattoni A., Talaulicar T., Chen J. J., Lewellyn K., Hu H. W., Shukla D., Bell R. G., Gabrielsson J., Yamak S., Fassin Y., McCarthy D., Rivas J. L., Fainshmidt S., Ees H. V. Corporate governance and IPO underpricing in a cross-national sample: A multilevel knowledge based view // Strategic Management Journal. 2015. Vol. 36. No. 8. P. 1174-1185. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Jara-Bertin M., Espinosa C. Diversification and control in emerging markets: the case of Chilean firms // BRQ Business Research Quarterly. 2015. No. 18. P. 259-274. doi
- Preprint Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Sanz I. P. Do shareholder coalitions modify the dominant owner's control? The impact on dividend policy / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series FE "Financial Economics". 2015. No. 41.
- Preprint Lopez Iturriaga F. J., López-Millán E. Institutional Framework, Corporate Ownership Structure, and R&D Investment: An International Analysis / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2015. No. WP BRP 36/MAN/2015.
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Garcia-Meca E., Tejerina-Gaite F. Institutional directors and board compensation: Spanish evidence // BRQ Business Research Quarterly. 2015. Vol. 18. No. 3. P. 161-173. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Meca G., Gaite T. Institutional investors on boards: Does their behavior influence corporate finance? // Journal of Business Ethics. 2015 (in press)
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Jara-Bertin M., Espinosa C. Is there a corporate diversification discount or premium? Evidence from Chile // Academia Revista Latinoamericana de Administración. 2015. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 396-418. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Vallelado González E., Crisóstomo V. L. Nonfinancial companies as large shareholders alleviate financial constraints of Brazilian firm / Пер. с исп. // Emerging Market Review. 2014. Vol. 18. P. 62-77.
IDLab members, as well as students writing course papers under their supervision, took an active part in the VIII scientific conference "Neighbors in Research".
Felix Iturriaga, professor at the University of Valladolid (Spain) and a leading researcher at IDLab, presented the results of a study on the impact of a director's social capital on the risk level of Russian companies
Marina Zavertiaeva, IDLab - Perm, presented the results of a new study of corporate governance in Russian companies
The research team of International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy at HSE, Perm has received the RFBR grant for preparing and publication review articles.
Viktor Krakovich, HSE University - St. Petersburg, presented the results of a study on the factors of bank bankruptcy
II international conference “Analytics for Management and Economics Conference. AMEC 2019 ”
IDLab members took an active part in the 7th iCare conference, which has become traditial for the HSE campus in Perm
Laboratory is happy to wish Felix J. Lopez Iturriaga a happy birhday!
Professor Felix J. Lopez Iturriaga has been a Leading Research Fellow at the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy at HSE Perm since 2014. In an interview with HSE English News service, he spoke about his positive experiences working at HSE and his hopes for developing further international academic exchanges.