Felix Javier Lopez Iturriaga
- Leading Research Fellow:HSE Campus in Perm / International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy
- Felix Javier Lopez Iturriaga has been at HSE University since 2014.
Education and Degrees
University of Valladolid
1995 PhD in Business Management (University of Valladolid, Spain), with honors
Title of Thesis: Financial constraints and capital expenditures in large Spanish companies
1990 B.A. Business Management, University of Valladolid (Spain), with honors
Assessment of foreing strategic investment and development and implementation of new management technologies (2000-01)
Spanish National Science Agency:
Corporate governance and value creation in a crisis environment (2011-2013)
Corporate governance of European firms: beyond laws and codes of good governance (2010).
Real options and investment value in electric utility firms. Development, implementation and analysis based on Monte Carlo simulation methods (2007-10).
The governance of foundations in Spain (2003-05).
Financial systems, corporate finance and corporate governance in the OECD countries (1998-2001).
Regional Science Agency:
Family firms in Castilla and León: diversification, employment and innovation (2009)
Governance and management of foundations in Castilla and León (2007-09)
Ownership and governance of family firms in Castilla and León (2006)
Growth opportunities and finance of foreing firms in Castilla and León (2005)
The profile of regional innovative firms. Interactions among R&D, finance and public funds (2004)
Real options and firms market value (2004-06)
R&D in Castilla and León: determinants and consequences (2003)
Business internationalization. An application to Castilla and León (1998-2000)
July 09, 2015 - Grant for RSF Project No.15-18-20039 “Competitiveness of Russian companies in the condition of import substitution: the role of intangibles” (Performance period: 2015-2017), Role - Leading Researcher
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Pérez-Calero L., Hurtado-González J. M. Do the institutional environment and types of owners influence the relationship between ownership concentration and board of director independence? An international meta-analysis // International Review of Financial Analysis. 2019. Vol. 61. P. 233-244. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Bertin M. J., Torres J. P. Firm value and pyramidal structures: New evidence for family firms // Journal of Business Research . 2019 doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Crisóstomo V. L., Brandão I. d. Large Shareholders’ Power and the Quality of Corporate Governance: An Analysis of Brazilian Firms // SSRN Electronic Journal. 2019. P. 1-22. doi
- Article Kolari J., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Pastor Sanz I. Predicting European bank stress tests: Survival of the fittest // Global Finance Journal. 2019. Vol. 39. P. 44-57. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Lozano M. B., Bezerra V. Regulatory Dualism as anAlternative Trust-EnhancingMechanism for Dividends and Debt:Evidence from Brazil // International Review of Finance. 2019. P. 1-24. doi
- Article Zavertiaeva M. A., Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Kuminova E. V. Better innovators or more innovators? Managerial overconfidence and corporate R&D // Managerial and Decision Economics. 2018. Vol. 39. No. 4. P. 447-461. doi
- Article Félix J. López-Iturriaga, Álvarez-Otero S. Does corporate governance affect the valuation of Spanish IPOs? The role of ownership structure and the board of directors // Spanish Journal of Finance and Accounting. 2018. Vol. 47. No. 2. P. 214-241. doi
- Article Anna Bykova, Felix Lopez-Iturriaga. Exports-performance relationship in Russian manufacturing companies: Does foreign ownership play an enhancing role? // Baltic Journal of Management. 2018. Vol. 13. No. 1. P. 20-40. doi
- Article Félix J. López Iturriaga, Zarza Herranz C., Reguera-Alvarado N. The right person at the right time: Audit committee members and the quality of financial information. // Universia Business Review. 2018. No. 58. P. 18-35. doi
- Article Torres J. P., Jara Bertín M., Lopez Iturriaga F. J. Corporate control and firm value: The bright side of business groups // Journal of Family Business Strategy. 2017. Vol. 8. No. 2. P. 99-108. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Díez-Esteban J. M., García-Gómez C. D., Santamaría-Mariscal M. Corporate risk-taking, returns and the nature of major shareholders: Evidence from prospect theory // Research in International Business and Finance. 2017. Vol. 42. P. 900-911. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Witt M., Rivas J. L., Zattoni A., Judge W., Talaulicar T., Chen J. J., Lewellyn K., Hu H. W., Gabrielsson J., Puffer S., Shukla D., Adegbite E., Fassin Y., Yamak S., Fainshmidt S., van Ees H. Does board independence influence financial performance in IPO firms? The moderating role of the national business system (Forthcoming) // Journal of World Business. 2017
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., López-Millán E. J. Institutional framework, corporate ownership structure, and R&D investment: An international analysis // R & D Management. 2017. Vol. 47. No. 1. P. 141-157. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Sanz I. P. Bankruptcy visualization and prediction using neural networks: A study of U.S. commercial banks // Expert Systems with Applications. 2015. Vol. 42. No. 6. P. 2857-2869. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Judge W. Q., Hu H. W., Gabrielsson J., Talaulicar T., Witt M. A., Zattoni A., Chen J. J., Shukla D., Quttainah M., Adegbite E., Rivas J. L., Kibler B. Configurations of Capacity for Change in Entrepreneurial Threshold Firms: Imprinting and Strategic Choice Perspectives // Journal of Management Studies. 2015. Vol. 52. No. 4. P. 506-530. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Judge W. Q., Witt M. A., Zattoni A., Talaulicar T., Chen J. J., Lewellyn K., Hu H. W., Shukla D., Bell R. G., Gabrielsson J., Yamak S., Fassin Y., McCarthy D., Rivas J. L., Fainshmidt S., Ees H. V. Corporate governance and IPO underpricing in a cross-national sample: A multilevel knowledge based view // Strategic Management Journal. 2015. Vol. 36. No. 8. P. 1174-1185. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Jara-Bertin M., Espinosa C. Diversification and control in emerging markets: the case of Chilean firms // BRQ Business Research Quarterly. 2015. No. 18. P. 259-274. doi
- Preprint Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Sanz I. P. Do shareholder coalitions modify the dominant owner's control? The impact on dividend policy / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series FE "Financial Economics". 2015. No. 41.
- Preprint Lopez Iturriaga F. J., López-Millán E. Institutional Framework, Corporate Ownership Structure, and R&D Investment: An International Analysis / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2015. No. WP BRP 36/MAN/2015.
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Garcia-Meca E., Tejerina-Gaite F. Institutional directors and board compensation: Spanish evidence // BRQ Business Research Quarterly. 2015. Vol. 18. No. 3. P. 161-173. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Meca G., Gaite T. Institutional investors on boards: Does their behavior influence corporate finance? // Journal of Business Ethics. 2015 (in press)
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Jara-Bertin M., Espinosa C. Is there a corporate diversification discount or premium? Evidence from Chile // Academia Revista Latinoamericana de Administración. 2015. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 396-418. doi
- Article Lopez Iturriaga F. J., Vallelado González E., Crisóstomo V. L. Nonfinancial companies as large shareholders alleviate financial constraints of Brazilian firm / Пер. с исп. // Emerging Market Review. 2014. Vol. 18. P. 62-77.
II international conference “Analytics for Management and Economics Conference. AMEC 2019 ”
IDLab members took an active part in the 7th iCare conference, which has become traditial for the HSE campus in Perm
Laboratory is happy to wish Felix J. Lopez Iturriaga a happy birhday!
Professor Felix J. Lopez Iturriaga has been a Leading Research Fellow at the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy at HSE Perm since 2014. In an interview with HSE English News service, he spoke about his positive experiences working at HSE and his hopes for developing further international academic exchanges.