- Head, Professor:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management / Department of Finance
- Leading Research Fellow:HSE Campus in Perm / International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy
- Programme Academic Supervisor:Management and Analytics for Business
- Angel Barajas has been at HSE since 2017.
Education and Degrees
2004 PhD in Business Administration (Navarra University)
Doctoral Thesis: Football clubs valuation model based on their business key factors
Student Term / Thesis Papers
P. Artemeva «Board of Directors Diversity Influence on the Financial Results of Companies». Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics, 2018
Business Valuation (Bachelor's programme, Economics, Year 4, Module 2)
Research Workshop "Modern Applied Corporate Finance" (Master's programme, Finance, Years 1 & 2, Modules 1 & 2)
- Research Seminar "Modern Issues of Applied Corporate Finances" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; programme "Finance"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Modern Issues of Applied Corporate Finances" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; programme "Finance"; 2 year, 1-3 module)Rus
July 09, 2015 - Grant for RSF Project No.15-18-20039 “Competitiveness of Russian companies in the condition of import substitution: the role of intangibles” (Performance period: 2015-2017), Role - Project Mananger
- Article Barajas A., Shakina E. A., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M. Acceleration effect of intangibles in the recovery of corporate performance after-crisis // Research in International Business and Finance. 2017. Vol. 42. P. 1115-1122. doi
- Article Shakina E. A., Molodchik M. A., Barajas A. Endogenous Value Creation: Managerial Decisions on Intangibles // Management Research Review. 2017. Vol. 40. No. 4. P. 410-428. doi
- Article Gasparetto T. M., Barajas A. Fan preferences: one country, two markets and different behaviours // European Sport Management Quarterly. 2017. P. 1-18. doi
- Article Barajas A., Rogova E. SPECIAL SECTION: BRICS, GLOBAL BUSINESS & INNOVATION: GUEST EDITORS’ INTRODUCTION // Российский журнал менеджмента. 2017. Vol. 15. No. 4. P. 513-514. doi
- Article Barajas A., Coates D. C., Sanchez-Fernandez P. Beyond retrospective assessment sport event economic impact studies as a management tool for informing event organizatio, in press // Investigaciones de Direccion y Economia de la Empresa. 2016. Vol. 22. No. 3. P. 124-130. doi
- Article Barajas A., Sánchez L. C., Sánchez-Fernández P. Financial and sport objectives in the efficiency of European football. [Objetivos financieros y deportivos en la eficiencia del fútbol europeo] // Revista de Psicología del Deporte. 2016. Vol. 25. P. 47-50.
- Article Barajas A., Gasparetto T. M. Influence of championships in the revenues generation. [Influencia de los torneos en la generación de ingresos] // Revista de Psicología del Deporte. 2016. Vol. 25. No. 1. P. 33-36.
- Article Molodchik M. A., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Barajas A. Intangible-driven performance: Company size matters // International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development. 2016. Vol. 7. No. 3. P. 225-239. doi
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Intangible-intensive profiles of companies: protection during the economic crisis of 2008-2009 // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2016. Vol. 17. No. 4. P. 1-20. doi
- Article Barajas A., Gasparetto T. M. Playoffs or Just League: A debate in Brazilian Football // Open Sports Sciences Journal. 2016. Vol. 9. P. 94-103.
- Article Barajas A., Gasparetto T. M. Reanalizando la competitividad en la industria del fútbol: Diferencia acumulada de puntos // RAE-Revista de Administração de Empresas. 2016. Vol. 56. No. 3. P. 1-14.
- Preprint Shakina E. A., Barajas A. An Intangible-Intensive Profile Of Companies: Protection During The Economic Crisis 2008-2009 / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2015. No. WP BRP 33/MAN/2015.
- Preprint Gasparetto T. M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Barajas A. Brand Teams And Distribution Of Wealth In Brazilian State Championships / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2014. No. Management WP BRP 30/MAN/2014.
- Preprint Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Intangible-Intensive Profile Of A Company: The Key To Outperforming / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2014. No. WP BRP 22/MAN/2014.
- Article Molodchik M. A., Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Metrics for the elements of intellectual capital in an economy driven by knowledge // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2014. Vol. 15. No. 2. P. 206-226. doi
- Article Barajas A., Rodríguez P. Spanish Football in Need of Financial Therapy: Cut Expenses and Inject Capital / Пер. с исп. // International Journal of Sport Finance. 2014. Vol. 9. No. 1. P. 73-90.
- Article Barajas A., Sánchez-Fernández P., Salgado-Barandela J. Strategic Approach to the Economic Dimension of Sport // Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport. 2014. Vol. 10. No. 3. P. 125-145.
- Preprint Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Changing Role Of Intellectual Resources During The Economic Crisis Of 2008-2009 / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2014. No. WP BRP 17/MAN/2014.
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Dynamics of Intellectual Resources During the Economic Crisis // Economic Research. 2014. Vol. 27. No. 1. P. 861-881.
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Value Creation Through Intellectual Capital In Developed European Markets // Journal of Economic Studies. 2014. Vol. 41. No. 2. P. 272-291. doi
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Intellectual Capital, Production Function of Firms and Return to Scale // Journal of Economic Studies. 2013
- Article Barajas A., Shakina E. A. The Contribution of Intellectual Capital to Value Creation // Contemporary Economics. 2013. Vol. 7. No. 4. P. 41-56. doi
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Changing Role on Intellectual Capital over the Crisis // Journal of Knowledge Management. 2012
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Relationship between Intellectual Capital Quality and Corporate Performance: An Empirical Study of Russian and European Companies // Economic Annals. 2012. Vol. 57. No. 192. P. 79-98. doi
The Russian Science Foundation has announced the most recent winners of three-year grants for scientific research. Among the recipients are a number of projects carried out by scientists at the Higher School of Economics.
A Laboratory, a Department and a Master’s Programme: How are Finances, Intangibles and Sport Connected?
It is not unusual for faculty staff to combine several roles, such as a researcher and a teacher, but sometimes they bring even more to the table. The HSE Look is glad to present an interview with Professor Angel Barajas, who initially joined HSE’s campus in Perm as a Leading Research Fellow of the International Laboratory of Intangible-Driven Economy and recently became the Head of the Department of Finance at HSE St. Petersburg, as well as the supervisor of a Master’s programme
On October 14 the Data Mining in R Workshop was held at St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management. Professor of the Cracow University of Economics Paweł Lula (Department of Computational Systems) introduced participants to the data analysis with the R Project for Statistical Computing software.
Every year The HSE Look continues its tradition of welcoming newly recruited international faculty via short summaries about their positions and research interests. In the 34th issue we introduce the tenure-track faculty members, and in November you can learn more about post-doctoral researchers who are starting their work at HSE this fall.
On June 23-24, the international conference ‘Economics of Football’ was held in Kazan. This event was organized by the Higher School of Economics (HSE), the New Economic School and Kazan Federal University. Angel Barajas, Dennis Coates, Elena Shakina, Petr Parshakov, Iuliia Naidenova and Anna Bykova, staff members of the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy, participated in the conference. The researchers presented papers and worked as moderators, discussants and key speakers at various sessions and workshops.
Elena Shakina, Head of the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy defended her PhD dissertation at the University of Vigo in Spain.
Professor Felix J. Lopez Iturriaga has been a Leading Research Fellow at the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy at HSE Perm since 2014. In an interview with HSE English News service, he spoke about his positive experiences working at HSE and his hopes for developing further international academic exchanges.
Angel Barajas, Academic Superisor of the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy, Professor at the University of Vigo, and research fellows of the laboratory Dennis Coates, Professor at the University of Maryland, Marina Zavertiaeva and Petr Parshakov took part in the 7th European Sport Economics Association Conference on Sport Economics that was held on August 27-28 in Zurich.
On April 9th and 10th, HSE’s School of Finance is organising several new platforms of discussion as part of the XVI April International Academic Conference. Topics will include measuring and assessing companies’ intellectual capital, research on corporate financial decisions, and for Russian and foreign post-graduate students, the second annual PhD seminar on financial markets and corporate financial policy will take place.