- Leading Research Fellow:HSE Campus in Perm / International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy
- Angel Barajas has been at HSE since 2014.
Doctor of Sciences*
2004 PhD in Business Administration (Navarra University)
Doctoral Thesis: Football clubs valuation model based on their business key factors
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Business Valuation (Bachelor's programme, Economics, Year 4, Module 2)
Research Workshop "Modern Applied Corporate Finance" (Master's programme, Finance, Years 1 & 2, Modules 1 & 2)
July 09, 2015 - Grant for RSF Project No.15-18-20039 “Competitiveness of Russian companies in the condition of import substitution: the role of intangibles” (Performance period: 2015-2017), Role - Project Mananger
- Article Shakina E. A., Molodchik M. A., Barajas A. Endogenous Value Creation: Managerial Decisions on Intangibles // Management Research Review. 2017. Vol. 40. No. 4. P. 410-428. doi
- Article Barajas A., Coates D. C., Sanchez-Fernandez P. Beyond retrospective assessment sport event economic impact studies as a management tool for informing event organizatio, in press // Investigaciones de Direccion y Economia de la Empresa. 2016 doi
- Article Barajas A., Sánchez L. C., Sánchez-Fernández P. Financial and sport objectives in the efficiency of European football. [Objetivos financieros y deportivos en la eficiencia del fútbol europeo] // Revista de Psicología del Deporte. 2016. Vol. 25. P. 47-50.
- Article Barajas A., Gasparetto T. M. Influence of championships in the revenues generation. [Influencia de los torneos en la generación de ingresos] // Revista de Psicología del Deporte. 2016. Vol. 25. No. 1. P. 33-36.
- Article Molodchik M. A., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Barajas A. Intangible-driven performance: Company size matters // International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development. 2016. Vol. 7. No. 3. P. 225-239. doi
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Intangible-intensive profiles of companies: protection during the economic crisis of 2008-2009 // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2016. Vol. 17. No. 4. P. 1-20. doi
- Article Barajas A., Gasparetto T. M. Playoffs or Just League: A debate in Brazilian Football // Open Sports Sciences Journal. 2016. Vol. 9. P. 94-103.
- Article Barajas A., Gasparetto T. M. Reanalizando la competitividad en la industria del fútbol: Diferencia acumulada de puntos // RAE-Revista de Administração de Empresas. 2016. Vol. 56. No. 3
- Preprint Shakina E. A., Barajas A. An Intangible-Intensive Profile Of Companies: Protection During The Economic Crisis 2008-2009 / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2015. No. WP BRP 33/MAN/2015.
- Preprint Gasparetto T. M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Barajas A. Brand Teams And Distribution Of Wealth In Brazilian State Championships / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2014. No. Management WP BRP 30/MAN/2014.
- Preprint Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Intangible-Intensive Profile Of A Company: The Key To Outperforming / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2014. No. WP BRP 22/MAN/2014.
- Article Molodchik M. A., Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Metrics for the elements of intellectual capital in an economy driven by knowledge // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2014. Vol. 15. No. 2. P. 206-226. doi
- Article Barajas A., Rodríguez P. Spanish Football in Need of Financial Therapy: Cut Expenses and Inject Capital / Пер. с исп. // International Journal of Sport Finance. 2014. Vol. 9. No. 1. P. 73-90.
- Article Barajas A., Sánchez-Fernández P., Salgado-Barandela J. Strategic Approach to the Economic Dimension of Sport // Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport. 2014. Vol. 10. No. 3. P. 125-145.
- Preprint Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Changing Role Of Intellectual Resources During The Economic Crisis Of 2008-2009 / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2014. No. WP BRP 17/MAN/2014.
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Dynamics of Intellectual Resources During the Economic Crisis // Economic Research. 2014. Vol. 27. No. 1. P. 861-881.
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Value Creation Through Intellectual Capital In Developed European Markets // Journal of Economic Studies. 2014. Vol. 41. No. 2. P. 272-291. doi
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Intellectual Capital, Production Function of Firms and Return to Scale // Journal of Economic Studies. 2013
- Article Barajas A., Shakina E. A. The Contribution of Intellectual Capital to Value Creation // Contemporary Economics. 2013. Vol. 7. No. 4. P. 41-56. doi
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. Intellectual Capital Contribution to Value Creation // Journal of Business Research. 2012 (in print)
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Changing Role on Intellectual Capital over the Crisis // Journal of Knowledge Management. 2012
- Article Shakina E. A., Barajas A. The Relationship between Intellectual Capital Quality and Corporate Performance: An Empirical Study of Russian and European Companies // Economic Annals. 2012. Vol. 57. No. 192. P. 79-98. doi
Academic Supervisor, Leading Research Fellow
On June 23-24, the international conference ‘Economics of Football’ was held in Kazan. This event was organized by the Higher School of Economics (HSE), the New Economic School and Kazan Federal University. Angel Barajas, Dennis Coates, Elena Shakina, Petr Parshakov, Iuliia Naidenova and Anna Bykova, staff members of the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy, participated in the conference. The researchers presented papers and worked as moderators, discussants and key speakers at various sessions and workshops.
Elena Shakina, Head of the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy defended her PhD dissertation at the University of Vigo in Spain.
Professor Felix J. Lopez Iturriaga has been a Leading Research Fellow at the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy at HSE Perm since 2014. In an interview with HSE English News service, he spoke about his positive experiences working at HSE and his hopes for developing further international academic exchanges.
Angel Barajas, Academic Superisor of the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy, Professor at the University of Vigo, and research fellows of the laboratory Dennis Coates, Professor at the University of Maryland, Marina Zavertiaeva and Petr Parshakov took part in the 7th European Sport Economics Association Conference on Sport Economics that was held on August 27-28 in Zurich.
On April 9th and 10th, HSE’s School of Finance is organising several new platforms of discussion as part of the XVI April International Academic Conference. Topics will include measuring and assessing companies’ intellectual capital, research on corporate financial decisions, and for Russian and foreign post-graduate students, the second annual PhD seminar on financial markets and corporate financial policy will take place.