- Levent Celik has been at HSE University since 2014.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Economics
University of Virginia
Thesis Title: Essays on the economics of informative advertising with applications to the television industry
Boğaziçi (Bosphorus) University
Student Term / Thesis Papers
E. Filatova, The Influence of International Trade on Human Well-being in Russian Regions. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
T. Grigorovich, Information Exchange and Aggregation in a Social Network With Intolerance. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
A. Kholodkin, Behavioural Strategy of Limited Capacity Agents on the Search Advertisement Market and its Implications on the Classical Model. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2016
E. Khobrakova, Modelling the Economic Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic Using SIR and DSGE Frameworks. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
G. Ishmaeva, The Impact of Consumer Search on Quality Disclosure in Markets. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
- Preprint Celik L., Aköz K. K. Manipulation Through Biased Product Reviews / Social Science Research Network. Series SSRN Working Paper Series "SSRN Working Paper Series". 2017.
- Article Celik L. Competitive Provision of Tune-ins under Common Private Information // International Journal of Industrial Organization. 2016. Vol. 44. P. 113-122. doi
- Article Celik L., Karabay B. Veto Players and Equilibrium Uniqueness in the Baron-Ferejohn Model // Theory and Decision. 2016. Vol. 81. No. 1. P. 33-52. doi
- Article Celik L., Onur E. Determination of Odds in Prediction Markets: Coexistence of Posted-offer and Double-auction Designs // Journal of Prediction Markets. 2015. Vol. 9. No. 1. P. 68-86. doi
- Article Celik L., Karabay B., McLaren J. When is it optimal to delegate: The theory of fast-track authority // American Economic Journal: Microeconomics. 2015. Vol. 7. No. 3. P. 347-389. doi
- Article Celik L. Information Unraveling Revisited: Disclosure of Horizontal Attributes // The Journal of Industrial Economics. 2014. Vol. 62. No. 1. P. 113-136. doi
- Article Celik L., Karabay B., McLaren J. Trade Policy-making in a Model of Legislative Bargaining // Journal of International Economics. 2013. Vol. 91. No. 2. P. 179-190. doi
Starting from the 2016-2017 academic year Faculty of Economic Sciences has launched a new international seminar series. The series host many established scholars as well as young promising economists from various respectable universities worldwide.
Levent Celik, Associate Professor and Senior Research Fellow at the Department of Theoretical Economics of the Faculty of Economic Sciences about his path in academia, work at HSE and students
Levent Çelik recently joined the Higher School of Economics as Assistant Professor of Economics. Before arriving at the HSE, he was Assistant Professor of Economics at CERGE-EI in Prague from 2006 to 2014. Professor Çelik’s research interests include industrial organization (with a focus on information disclosure, advertising, product differentiation and consumer search), international trade, and political economy.