- Senior Research Fellow:Faculty of Humanities / Laboratory of Formal Models in Linguistics
- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Humanities / School of Philology
- Alexander Podobryaev has been at HSE since 2014.
Education and Degrees
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Degree in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Formal approaches to natural language (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Computational Linguistics"; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Formal Semantics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 1 year, 1 module)Rus
- Research and Design seminar "Linguistic projects" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Linguistic Theory and Language Description"; 1 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Research and Design seminar "Linguistic projects" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Linguistic Theory and Language Description"; 2 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Optimality Theory" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Fundamental and Computational Linguistics"; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Chapter Podobryaev A. Successive cyclicity in a language game, in: A Pesky Set: Papers for David Pesetsky. Cambridge : MIT Working Papers in Linguistics, 2017. P. 487-492.
- Chapter Ivlieva Natalia, Podobryaev Alexander. Pronouns with multiple indices as conjunctions and disjunctions, in: Donum semanticum: Opera linguistica et logica in honorem Barbarae Partee a discipulis amicisque Rossicis oblata / Ed. by P. Arkadiev, I. Kapitonov, Yu. Lander, E. V. Rakhilina, S. Tatevosov. M. : Languages of Slavic culture, 2015.
- Chapter Podobryaev Alexander. Impostrous Domains, in: NELS 44: Proceedings of the Forty-Fourth Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistics Society. Amherst : GLSA Publ., 2014. P. 91-104.
- Chapter Podobryaev A. Differential case marking in Turkic as Intermediate dependent case, in: Proceedings of the 8th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics (WAFL8). Cambridge : MIT Working Papers in Linguistics, 2013. Ch. 25. P. 281-292.
- Book Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics: The Second MIT Meeting 2011 / Отв. ред.: A. Podobryaev. Ann Arbor : Michigan Slavic Publications, 2013.
- 201814th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics (WAFL14) (Кембридж, Массачусетс). Presentation: Number neutrality and the structure of DPs in Buriat
- 2nd HSE Semantics and Pragmatics Workshop (Москва). Presentation: Plurality in Buriat
- 2017The 48th Annual Meeting of North East Linguistic Society (NELS 48) (Рейкьявик). Presentation: Preposition stranding in alternative questions
- 2015TbiLLC (Тбилиси). Presentation: Maximize Presupposition as an Obligatory Principle
- 48th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (Лейден). Presentation: A non-superlative semantics for ordinals
- 2014NELS 45 (Кембридж). Presentation: Syntax and semantics of person in coordinations
- NELS 45 (Кембридж). Presentation: A non-superlative semantics for ordinals and the syntax of comparison classes
- Pronouns in Embedded Contexts at the Syntax-Semantics Interface (Тюбинген). Presentation: On the Interpretability of Person in Dream Reports
- IGG 40 (Тренто). Presentation: Imposters and Other Monstrosities
- WAFL 10 (Кембридж). Presentation: “Disagreement” effects in Mishar Tatar attitude reports
- 2013NELS 44 (Сторрс). Presentation: Impostrous domains
- CLS 49 (Чикаго). Presentation: Interpretation of agreement morphology in Mishar Tatar
- SALT 23 (Санта-Круз). Presentation: Two kinds of indexicals, one kind of monster
The First HSE Workshop on Semantics and Pragmatics took place on September 30 and October 1 in Moscow. The first HSE Semantics and Pragmatics workshop was held on September 30 and October 1 in Moscow. The workshop was organized by a Research group “Formal Philosophy”, School of Philosophy and School of Linguistics.