- Senior Research Fellow:Faculty of Humanities / Laboratory of Formal Models in Linguistics
- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Humanities / School of Linguistics
- Alexander Podobryaev has been at HSE University since 2014.
Education and Degrees
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Degree in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Belkind «Postposition to Particle Verb Combinations in Central Dialects of Early New High German». Faculty of Humanities, 2020
I. Naumov «Russian eščë in the Family of Additive Particles». Faculty of Humanities, 2020
- Formal approaches to natural language (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Formal Semantics (Minor; Faculty of Humanities; 1 module)Rus
- Research and Design seminar "Linguistic projects" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 1 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Research and Design seminar "Linguistic projects" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 2 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Optimality Theory" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
Formal Models in Linguistics (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; field of study "45.04.03. Фундаментальная и прикладная лингвистика", field of study "45.04.03. Фундаментальная и прикладная лингвистика"; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Theory in Language Description (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Article Ivlieva N., Podobryaev A. On variable agreement and scope reconstruction in Russian // Snippets. 2019. No. 37. P. 52-53. doi
- Article Bylinina L., Podobryaev A. Plurality in Buriat and structurally constrained alternatives // Journal of Semantics. 2019. Vol. 00. P. 1-12. doi
- Chapter Podobryaev A. Successive cyclicity in a language game, in: A Pesky Set: Papers for David Pesetsky. Cambridge : MIT Working Papers in Linguistics, 2017. P. 487-492.
- Chapter Ivlieva Natalia, Podobryaev Alexander. Pronouns with multiple indices as conjunctions and disjunctions, in: Donum semanticum: Opera linguistica et logica in honorem Barbarae Partee a discipulis amicisque Rossicis oblata / Ed. by P. Arkadiev, I. Kapitonov, Yu. Lander, E. V. Rakhilina, S. Tatevosov. M. : Languages of Slavic culture, 2015.
- Chapter Podobryaev Alexander. Impostrous Domains, in: NELS 44: Proceedings of the Forty-Fourth Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistics Society. Amherst : GLSA Publ., 2014. P. 91-104.
- Chapter Podobryaev A. Differential case marking in Turkic as Intermediate dependent case, in: Proceedings of the 8th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics (WAFL8). Cambridge : MIT Working Papers in Linguistics, 2013. Ch. 25. P. 281-292.
- Book Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics: The Second MIT Meeting 2011 / Отв. ред.: A. Podobryaev. Ann Arbor : Michigan Slavic Publications, 2013.
- 2019Formal Approaches to Russian Linguistics (Москва). Presentation: Number agreement and scope in Russian and beyond
- Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics (Москва). Presentation: Interpretable agreement in Uyghur and Buryat
- 201814th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics (WAFL14) (Кембридж, Массачусетс). Presentation: Number neutrality and the structure of DPs in Buriat
- 2nd HSE Semantics and Pragmatics Workshop (Москва). Presentation: Plurality in Buriat
- 2017The 48th Annual Meeting of North East Linguistic Society (NELS 48) (Рейкьявик). Presentation: Preposition stranding in alternative questions
- 2015TbiLLC (Тбилиси). Presentation: Maximize Presupposition as an Obligatory Principle
- 48th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (Лейден). Presentation: A non-superlative semantics for ordinals
- 2014NELS 45 (Кембридж). Presentation: Syntax and semantics of person in coordinations
- NELS 45 (Кембридж). Presentation: A non-superlative semantics for ordinals and the syntax of comparison classes
- Pronouns in Embedded Contexts at the Syntax-Semantics Interface (Тюбинген). Presentation: On the Interpretability of Person in Dream Reports
- IGG 40 (Тренто). Presentation: Imposters and Other Monstrosities
- WAFL 10 (Кембридж). Presentation: “Disagreement” effects in Mishar Tatar attitude reports
- 2013NELS 44 (Сторрс). Presentation: Impostrous domains
- CLS 49 (Чикаго). Presentation: Interpretation of agreement morphology in Mishar Tatar
- SALT 23 (Санта-Круз). Presentation: Two kinds of indexicals, one kind of monster
The 2nd HSE Semantics and Pragmatics Workshop was held on 4-5th September 2018, two years after the 1st HSE SemPrag Workshop. International Laboratory for Logic, Linguistic and Formal Philosophy was the organizer of the conference. Among the subjects of the conference were logical, linguistical and philosophical analysis of the problems of semantics and pragmatics of natural language.
The First HSE Workshop on Semantics and Pragmatics took place on September 30 and October 1 in Moscow. The first HSE Semantics and Pragmatics workshop was held on September 30 and October 1 in Moscow. The workshop was organized by a Research group “Formal Philosophy”, School of Philosophy and School of Linguistics.