- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Computer Science / School of Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence
- Senior Research Fellow:Faculty of Computer Science / International Laboratory of Stochastic Algorithms and High-Dimensional Inference
- Quentin Paris has been at HSE since 2014.
Education and Degrees
Thesis Title: Statistics
Master's in Probability and Statistics
Высшая нормальная школа Кашана
Университет Париж-юг 11
Bachelor's in Pure and Applied Mathematics
Университет Париж-юг 11
Personal Academic Website
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Filatov «On the Performance of Linear Predictors in the Semi-Supervised Framework». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
R. Skoromnyi «Prediction of Individual Sequences with Application to Finance». International College of Economics and Finance, 2017
- Functional Analysis for Machine Learning (Master’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Data Science"; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- High-dimensional Statistical Methods (Master’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Statistical Learning Theory"; 1 year, 4 module)Eng
- Modern Methods of Decision Making (Master’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Data Science"; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- High-dimensional Statistical Methods (Master’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Statistical Learning Theory"; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Introduction to Statistical Learning Theory (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Applied Mathematics and Information Science"; 4 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Introduction to Statistical Learning Theory (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Applied Mathematics and Information Science"; 3 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Modern Methods of Data Analysis (Master’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Data Science"; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
My research interests are in Statistics, Statistical Learning Theory and Applied Probability. My past work focused mainly around statistical problems for high-dimensional or complex data. Recently, I started working on questions at the intersection of Statistics, Optimal Transport and Geometry.
- Article Decrouez G. G., Grabchak M., Paris Q. Finite sample properties of the mean occupancy counts and probabilities // Bernoulli: a journal of mathematical statistics and probability. 2018. Vol. 24. No. 3. P. 1910-1941. doi
- Article Dalalyan A., Grappin E., Paris Q. On the exponentially weighted aggregate with the Laplace prior // The annals of statistics. 2018. Vol. 46. No. 5. P. 2452-2478. doi
- Article Bellec P., Dalalyan A., Grappin E., Paris Q. On the prediction loss of the lasso in the partially labeled setting // Electronic journal of statistics. 2018. Vol. 12. No. 2. P. 3443-3472. doi
- Article Paris Q. Minimax adaptive dimension reduction for regression // Journal of Multivariate Analysis. 2014. Vol. 128. P. 182-202. doi
Since 2014. Assistant Professor at HSE
2013 - 2014. Postdoctoral Fellow. Center for Research in Economics and Statistics (CREST). Teaching assistant at the ENSAE engineering school. Paris, France.
HSE Lends Its Support to the Very First Conference in ‘New Frontiers in High-Dimensional Probability and Statistics’
On February 23 and 24, the Institute for Information Transmission Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences hosted the first international mini-conference entitled ‘New frontiers in high-dimensional probability and statistics’. The event was attended by Russian and international researchers in the field of statistical methods of analysis of multidimensional data and modern stochastic algorithms. The conference was hosted by HSE, the Institute for Information Transmission Problems of the RAS and Skoltech. Organisers included HSE Faculty of Computer Science staff, Vladimir Spokoiny, Alexey Naumov, Denis Belomestny and Quentin Paris.
In 2018, the Higher School of Economics will launch an English-taught double degree programme in partnership with the University of London in Applied Data Analysis. Graduates will be awarded an undergraduate degree from HSE in Applied Mathematics and Information Science and a Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Business Analytics from the University of London. International applicants are invited to apply online starting November 15, 2017.
‘Our Programme Aims to Make a Research Breakthrough at the Intersection of Mathematics and Computer Science’
In 2017, the HSE Faculty of Computer Science and Skoltech are opening admissions to the Master’s programme inStatistical Learning Theory, which will become the successor to theMathematical Methods of Optimization and Stochastics programme.Vladimir Spokoiny, the programme’s academic supervisor and professor of mathematics at Humboldt University in Berlin, told us about the research part of the new programme and the opportunities it offers to both Master’s students and undergraduate students alike.
On October 8-22, Thibaut Le Gouic, Associate Professor at Ecole Centrale Marseille, delivered a series of lectures on ‘Metric Geometry and Optimal Transport’ at HSE. This event was organized by the HSE Faculty of Economic Sciences and Laboratory of Stochastic Analysis and its Applications . During the visit, Professor Le Gouic shared his research plans with colleagues from the laboratory, including Quentin Paris, Assistant Professor at the Department of Statistics and Data Analysis and Senior Research Fellow.
Geoffrey Decrouez is an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Computer Science at HSE. He told The HSE Look about his research and teaching at HSE.
The HSE LooK welcomes aboard Quentin Paris, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Economics!