Christopher Ira Brav
- Research Fellow:International Laboratory for Mirror Symmetry and Automorphic Forms
- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Mathematics
- Christopher Ira Brav has been at HSE since 2014.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
D. Poliakova «Applications of the Homotopy Theory of DG Categories». Faculty of Mathematics, 2016
A. Konovalov «Motivic Invariants of DG Categories». Faculty of Mathematics, 2016
V. Kondratev «Explicit Selberg Fundamental Domains for Some Discrete Groups». Faculty of Mathematics, 2018
A. Konovalov «Additive Invariants of dg-categories». Faculty of Mathematics, 2018
D. Poliakova «Cofibrant Resolutions in Cosimplicial DG Categories». Faculty of Mathematics, 2018
V. Gavran «Rigidity of the Cotangent Bundle of the Hilbert Scheme of Points on a K3 Surface». Faculty of Mathematics, 2016
- Algebra (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Mathematics"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Algebra (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Mathematics"; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Discrete Mathematics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Mathematics"; 1 year, 1, 4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Galois Theory (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Article Brav C. I., Bussi V., Joyce D. A Darboux theorem for derived schemes with shifted symplectic structure // Journal of the American Mathematical Society. 2018 doi (in press)
- Article Brav C. I., Ben-Bassat O., Bussi V., Joyce D. A ‘Darboux theorem’for shifted symplectic structures on derived Artin stacks, with applications // Geometry and Topology. 2015. Vol. 19. No. 3. P. 1287-1359. doi (in press)
- Article Brav C. I., Bussi V., Dupont D., Joyce D., Szendrői B. Symmetries and stabilization for sheaves of vanishing cycles // Journal of Singularities. 2015. Vol. 11. P. 85-151. doi
- Noncommutative deformations and moduli spaces (Токио). Presentation: Joint course by Christopher Brav and Nick Rozenblyum: Derived deformation theory
- 2016Deformation Quantization of Shifted Poisson Structures (Ватерлоо). Presentation: Relative non-commutative Calabi-Yau structures and shifted Lagrangians
The HSE Summer University is off to a strong start this year, and one of its programmes – the Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Mathematics – has already been met with considerable enthusiasm by participating students. Designed for undergraduate students majoring in Mathematics or related areas, participants work on research projects under the supervision of distinguished mathematicians.
On November, 22 International Faculty Support Unit has organized a peer-to peer workshop for international faculty members on teaching at HSE. The seminar enabled newcomers to get acquainted with specifics of the teaching process at HSE, and their more experienced colleagues had an opportunity to share their experience.
Christopher Brav, Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Mathematics, joined the Higher School of Economics in 2014 after holding several teaching and research positions abroad. The HSE news service recently had the opportunity to speak with him about his research interests, teaching philosophy and how he has settled into life in Moscow.