Christopher Ira Brav
- Research Fellow:International laboratory for Mirror Symmetry and Automorphic Forms
- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Mathematics
- Christopher Ira Brav has been at HSE since 2014.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
D. Poliakova «Applications of the Homotopy Theory of DG Categories». Faculty of Mathematics, 2016
A. Konovalov «Motivic Invariants of DG Categories». Faculty of Mathematics, 2016
V. Gavran «Rigidity of the Cotangent Bundle of the Hilbert Scheme of Points on a K3 Surface». Faculty of Mathematics, 2016
- Basic Homotopical Algebra (Master’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Dynamical Systems (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 2 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Topology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Introduction to Topology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 4 module)Rus
- Article Brav C. I., Bussi V., Dupont D., Joyce D., Szendrői B. Symmetries and stabilization for sheaves of vanishing cycles // Journal of Singularities. 2015. Vol. 11. P. 85-151. doi
- Article Brav C. I., Thomas H. Thin monodromy in Sp(4) // Compositio Mathematica. 2014. Vol. 150. No. 3. P. 343-333.
- Article Brav C. I., Thomas H. Braid groups and Kleinian singularities // Mathematische Annalen. 2011. Vol. 351. No. 4. P. 1005-1017.
- Article Brav C. I. The projective McKay correspondence // International Mathematics Research Notices. 2009. No. 8. P. 1355-1387.
On November, 22 International Faculty Support Unit has organized a peer-to peer workshop for international faculty members on teaching at HSE. The seminar enabled newcomers to get acquainted with specifics of the teaching process at HSE, and their more experienced colleagues had an opportunity to share their experience.
Christopher Brav, Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Mathematics, joined the Higher School of Economics in 2014 after holding several teaching and research positions abroad. The HSE news service recently had the opportunity to speak with him about his research interests, teaching philosophy and how he has settled into life in Moscow.