- Academic Supervisor, Chief Research Fellow:HSE — Skolkovo Institute for Law and Development
- Ioannis Lianos has been at HSE since 2014.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
E. Puchkov «Legal Regulation of Ride-Sharing Applications in USA, Europe and Russia». Faculty of Law, 2017
- Book Lianos I., Korah V., Siciliani P. Competition Law: Analysis, Cases and Materials. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018. (in print)
- Book Lianos I., Gerard D. Competition Policy: Between Equity and Efficiency. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2018. (in print)
- Chapter Lianos I. The poverty of Competition law, in: Competition Policy: Between Equity and Efficiency. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2018. (in print)
- Chapter Lianos I. Global Governance of Antitrust and the need for a BRICS Joint Research Platform in Competition Law and Policy, in: Competition Policy for the New Era. NY : Oxford University Press, 2017. doi P. 51-114. doi
- Preprint Katalevsky D., Lianos I. Merger Activity in the Factors of Production Segments of the Food Value Chain: A Critical Assessment of the Bayer/Monsanto merger / Centre for Law, Economics and Society, Faculty of Laws, UCL. Series G34, K10, K21, L4, L40, Q10, Q13, Q18 "CLES Policy Paper Series". 2017. No. 2017/1.
- Article Lianos Ioannis, Regibeau P. “Sham” Litigation: When Can It Arise and How Can It Be Reduced? // The Antitrust Bulletin. 2017. Vol. 62. No. 4. P. 643-689. doi
- Book Lianos I., Claudio Lombardi, Moss D. L., Carstensten P., MacDonald J. M. Competition Law and Policy and the Food Value Chain Issue 1-2016: Concurrences Review. NY : The Institute of Competition Law, 2016.
- Preprint Lianos I., Lombardi C. Superior Bargaining Power and the Global Food Value Chain: The Wuthering Heights of Holistic Competition Law? / University College London - CLES. Series K10, K21, L4, L40, Q10 "CLES Research Paper Series". 2016.
- Preprint Lianos I., Ivanov A., Dmitry Katalevsky. The Global Seed Market, Competition Law and Intellectual Property Rights: Untying the Gordian Knot / Centre for Local Economic Strategies (CLES). Series G34, K10, K21, L4, L40, Q10, Q13, Q18 "CLES Research Paper Series". 2016.
- Article Lianos I., Ivanov A., Dmitry Katalevsky. The global seed market, competition law and intellectual property rights: Untying the Gordian knot // Concurrences Review. 2016. No. 2. P. 62-80.
- Article Иванов А. Ю., Каталевский Д. Ю., Лианос Я. Рынок семян: глобализация, конкуренция и интеллектуальная собственность // Закон. 2016. № 5. С. 49-66.
- Book Brands, Competition Law and IP / Ed. by I. Lianos, D. Desai, S. Weber Waller. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Chapter Lianos I. Brands, Product Differentiation and EU Competition Law, in: Brands, Competition Law and IP / Ed. by I. Lianos, D. Desai, S. Weber Waller. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Book Lianos I., Davis P., Nebbia P. Damages Claims for the Infringement of EU Competition Law. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Book Competition Law and the State / Ed. by I. Lianos, T. Cheng, D. Sokol. Stanford University, 2014.
- Article Lianos I., Karliuk M. L’émergence de l’étude d’impact comme norme de gouvernance en Europe : genèse, diffusion et acteurs // Revue française d'administration publique. 2014. No. 149. P. 5-27.
- Preprint Lianos I., Fazekas M., Karliuk M. The Diffusion of Impact Assessment Practices in Europe / University College London. Series E60, E61, H70, H77, K20 "CLES Research Paper Series". 2014. No. 2.
Ioannis Lianos holds the chair of global competition law and policy at UCL Laws. He joined UCL in September 2005. He was awarded a Gutenberg Research chair at the Ecole Nationale d'Administration (ENA), the elite public administration school of the French republic in November 2011. He is also a visiting professor at the Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) of the University of Strasbourg, since 2004, the Faculty of Law of the University of Chile in Santiago, since December 2011, a fellow at the Centre for Law and Economics at the Australian National University (ANU), since 2011, a visiting professor at the University of Hong Kong School of Law in March 2014. He was an Emile Noel Fellow at the Jean Monnet Centre at New York University School of Law in 2008-2009. He has also conducted funded research as a fellow of the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law in Hamburg, Germany (2009) and as a visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley (2006). In April 2014 he was elected a visiting professor and head of the competition unit of the Laboratory on Law, Innovation and Development of the National Research University, Higher School of Economics (Moscow). He was appointed visiting research fellow at the Institute of Law and Society at Humboldt University in Berlin in January 2014 and an Alexander von Humboldt Foundation research fellow at WZB (Social Science Research Centre Berlin) in August 2014.
Professor Lianos has gained working experience at the European Court of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission ( New York office) and is a qualified advocate at the Athens and the Paris bars. He contributes widely to the global discussion in the area of competition law and policy. He is a Non-Governmental Advisor (NGA) at the International Competition Network (ICN), a Research partner with UNCTAD in Geneva. He contributed to European Commission's consultations on damages, being one of the very few lawyers to be invited by the European Commission to contribute to the preparation of the recent draft guidelines of the Commission on the evaluation of damages. He was elected a member of the international advisory board of the American Antitrust Institute in 2010, a member of the international advisory board of the Loyola University of Chicago Institute for Antitrust and Consumer studies in 2012, a member of the international advisory board of the Global Antitrust Institute at George Mason University in 2014. Ioannis is also the co- General Editor of the Global Competition Law and Economics Series, established by Stanford University Press, in June 2010. He was the chairman of the Editorial Board of Competition Bulletin, Paris (until 2013), a Senior Editor of the Antitrust Chronicle, Boston, MA, USA (CPI) and a member of the advisory board of Global Antitrust Review, London (GAR).
He has organized and conducted training for judges in competition law and economics in London, Toulouse, Lisbon, Hong Kong and Athens and has organized more than 30 international conferences on various aspects of competition law and policy at UCL and beyond, in the context of the UCL Centre for Law, Economics and Society, which he founded in 2007. He has advised a number of governments and private parties in the areas of competition law and good governance (e.g. Impact Assessments). He is also the executive director of the Jevons Institute for Competition Law and Economics, a policy forum established at UCL laws bringing together the worlds of competition law academia and practice, and a co-director of the UCL Institute of Global Law.