Andrey A. Gavrilyuk
- Andrey A. Gavrilyuk has been at HSE University since 2014.
- Head of the Academic Board of the HSE Global Scholarship Competition (since 2018)
- Team leader of a joint team of HSE Faculty of computer science and HSE Faculty of mathematics for International Mathematics Competition for University Students (IMC) and Vojtech Jarnik International Mathematics Competition for University Students (VJIMC) (since 2016)
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
D. Vankov, Attractor Approach in Modeling Logic in Neural Networks. Faculty of Computer Science, 2018
- Article Garber A., Gavrilyuk A., Magazinov A. The Voronoi conjecture for parallelohedra with simply connected δ-surfaces // Discrete and Computational Geometry. 2015. Vol. 53. No. 2. P. 245-260. doi
- Article Magazinov A., Gavrilyuk A., Garber A. The Voronoi conjecture for parallelohedra with simply connected δ-surfaces // Discrete and Computational Geometry. 2015. Vol. 53. No. 2. P. 245-260. doi
- Article Гаврилюк А. А. «Геометрия подъемов разбиений евклидовых пространств», Геометрия, топология и приложения, Сборник статей. К 70-летию со дня рождения профессора Николая Петровича Долбилина. // Труды Математического института им. В.А. Стеклова РАН. 2015. Т. 288. С. 49-66. doi
The International Mathematics Competition for University Students was held in Bulgaria from June 28th to August 3rd, 2019. 360 students from 77 teams from all over the world took part in one of the most prestigious student competitions in mathematics. Teams from the Faculty of Computer Science and the Faculty of Mathematics represented HSE University at the event.
The 29th Vojtěch Jarník International Mathematical Competition has taken place in Ostrava, Czech Republic with HSE being represented by a team of six students from the Faculty of Computer Science and the Faculty of Mathematics.
A team of HSE students has sucessfully returned after taking part in the 28th Vojtěch Jarník International Mathematical Competition, held in the Czech Republic. The competition has been held annually since 1991 by the University of Ostrava in the Czech Republic. Students compete in two age groups: category I (junior group) is for first and second-year students under 22 years and category II (senior group) is for older students.
Three HSE students from the Faculty of Mathematics and the Faculty of Computer Science won medals at the Vojtěch Jarník International Mathematical Competition held in the Czech Republic. Nikita Gladkov, a mathematics student, scored maximum points and was recognized as the outright winner in his category.
The Prestigious International Mathematics Competition for University Students took place in Bulgaria this year between 27 July and 2nd August. Competitors were given 10 problems to solve for a maximum of 10 points. HSE’s Faculty of Computer Science was represented by Vadim Kalashnikov and Gleb Posobin who are about to embark on the second year of their degree course. According to overall international ratings for students in any subject they were awarded first and third prizes respectively.