- Mikhail Pokhoday has been at HSE University since 2015.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Master's in Research Psychology
Northumbria University, School of Health and Life Sciences
Bachelor's in Psychology
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
- Article Bermúdez-Margaretto B., Kopytin G., Myachykov A., Fu Y., Pokhoday M., Shtyrov Y. Biliteracy and acquisition of novel written words: the impact of phonological conflict between L1 and L2 scripts // Psychological Research. 2021. P. 1-20. doi
- Article Bermúdez-Margaretto B., Gallo F., Pokhoday M., Shtyrov Y., Kreiner H., Myachykov A. Understanding Language Attrition through Orthography // Languages. 2021. Vol. 6. Article 199. doi
- Preprint Bermúdez-Margaretto B., Kopytin G., Myachykov A., Pokhoday M., Shtyrov Y. Orthographic Learning In L1 And L2 Alphabets: The Impact of Phonological Inconsistency Across Cyrillic and Roman Scripts / Higher School of Economics. Series BRP 116 "PSY". 2020. doi
- Article Pokhoday M., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A. Effects of Visual Priming and Event Orientation on Word Order Choice in Russian Sentence Production // Frontiers in Psychology. 2019. Vol. 10. No. 1661. P. 1-8. doi
- Chapter Myachykov A., Pokhoday M., Tomlin R. Attention and structural choice in sentence production, in: Oxford handbook of Psycholinguistics. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018. doi Ch. 2. P. 1-24. doi
- Article Pokhoday M., Myachykov A. Effects of Auditory and Visual Cueing of Attention on Syntactic Choice in Sentence Production. // Psychology. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2018. Vol. 15. No. 2. P. 209-221.
- Article Pokhoday M., Scheepers C., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A. Motor (but not auditory) attention affects syntactic choice // Plos One. 2018. Vol. 13. No. 4. P. 1-12. doi
- Chapter Мерзон Л. А., Походай М. Ю., Чумакова М. А. Движения глаз как индикатор построения репрезентации вероятностной ситуации (на примере Iowa Gambling Task) // В кн.: VIII Международная конференция по когнитивной науке. Светлогорск, Россия: [б.и.], 2018. С. 724-726.
- Preprint Pokhoday M., Scheepers C., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A. MOTOR (BUT NOT AUDITORY) ATTENTION AFFECTS SYNTACTIC CHOICE / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PSY "Psychology". 2017.
- 201824th AMLaP conference, Architectures and Mechanisms of Language Processing (Берлин). Presentation: PERCEPTUAL PRIMING AND SYNTACTIC CHOICE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE: MULTIMODAL STUDY.
The Fourth St. Petersburg Winter Workshop on Experimental Studies of Speech and Language (Night Whites 2018) (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Perceptual priming and syntactic choice in Russian language: multimodal study.
- Scandinavian Workshop on Applied Eye Tracking (SWAET 2018) (Копенгаген). Presentation: Perceptual priming and syntactic choice in Russian language: a multimodal study
- 201710-ая Ежегодная международная конференция ESLP 2017 Embodied and Situated Language Processing Conference (Москва). Presentation: Multimodal attention and syntactic choice.
- 23rd AMLaP conference, Architectures and Mechanisms of Language Processing (Lancaster). Presentation: Motor and auditory cueing of attention and syntactic choice.
- 5th Polish Eye Tracking Conference (Люблин). Presentation: The role of attention in sentence production: beyond visual modality
This year, 117 students graduated from doctoral programmes at the HSE campus in Moscow. On November 1, they received their graduation certificates. Some of them also defended their theses under a new procedure that was introduced at HSE this year, while the others will do this within the next year.