- Doctoral Student:Institute of Education
- Research Assistant:Institute of Education / Centre for Psychometrics and Measurement in Education
- Diana Kaiky has been at HSE University since 2015.
Master's in Public Administration
Bachelor's in HR Management and Labour Economics
Odessa National University of Economics
2nd year of study
Approved topic of thesis: Association between institutional characteristics of the school and academic success in primary
Academic Supervisor: Kardanova, Elena
- Article Kuzmina Y., Ivanova A., Kaiky D. The effect of phonological processing on mathematics performance in elementary school varies for boys and girls: Fixed‐effects longitudinal analysis // British educational research journal. 2019. Vol. 45. No. 3. P. 640-661. doi
- Preprint Ilyushina N., Kuzmina Y., Kaiky D. the Deficit of Phonological Processing Associated with both Maths and Reading Difficulties Rather than Separate Maths or Reading Difficulties / Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ. Series WP BRP "PSYCHOLOGY". 2019. No. 107.
- Preprint Kuzmina Y., Ivanova A., Kaiky D. The effect of phonological ability on math is modulated by socioeconomic status in elementary school / Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ. Series WP BRP "PSYCHOLOGY". 2018.
A recent study by IOE experts Alina Ivanova, Diana Kaiky and Yulia Kuzmina finds a link between the phonological ability of school starters (e.g., sensitivity to the sound composition of speech, the ability to identify individual sounds and syllables, etc.) and their capacity in math. The socio-economic status of the child’s family turns out to be an important modulator in the phonology–math relationship, the study suggests.
What Determines a First Grader’s Success