- Research Fellow:Faculty of Computer Science / International Laboratory of Stochastic Algorithms and High-Dimensional Inference
- Nikita Zhivotovskiy has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Institute for Information Transmission Problems (Kharkevich Institute) of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Bachelor's in Applied Mathematics and Applied Physics
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Article Zhivotovskiy N., Hanneke S. Localization of VC classes: Beyond local Rademacher complexities // Theoretical Computer Science. 2018. Vol. 9. No. 742. P. 27-49. doi
- Article Iosipoi L., Belomestny D., Zhivotovskiy N. Variance Reduction in Monte Carlo Estimators via Empirical Variance Minimization // Doklady Mathematics. 2018. Vol. 98. No. 2. P. 494-497. doi
- Preprint Belomestny D., Zhivotovskiy N., Iosipoi L. Variance reduction via empirical variance minimization: convergence and complexity / Cornell University. Series math "arxiv.org". 2018.
- Article Zhivotovskiy N. Optimal learning via local entropies and sample compression // Proceedings of Machine Learning Research. 2017. Vol. 65. P. 2023-2065.
HDI Lab staff attend International Vilnius Conference on Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics 2018
12th International Vilnius Conference on Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics and 2018 IMS Annual Meeting on Probability and Statistics took place in Vilnius (Lithuania) on July 2-6. This is one of the world's leading conferences in the field of modern probability theory and mathematical statistics, which is held every four years since 1973. This year over 200 works were presented at the event and 500 participants from all over the globe attended it.
On 19 July at 11 am an extraordinary meeting of Structural Learning Seminar was held on the Faculty of Computer Science.