- Manager:Office of Doctoral Studies / Dissertation Council Coordination Unit
- Sergey Silantiev has been at HSE University since 2015.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 1992Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Aircraft Engineering
Tsiolkovskiy Moscow Aviation Institute of Technology
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Chapter Valery V. Shilov, Sergey A. Silantiev. Accounting and Control are the Basis of Socialism: Computing Technology in USSR (1917-1941), in: 2019 International Conference on Engineering Technologies and Computer Science (EnT). IEEE, 2019. doi Ch. 19. P. 66-69. doi
- Chapter Shilov V., Silantiev S. Computations Before Computers: Vladimir Karapetoff’s Kinematic Computing Devices, in: 2019 6th IEEE History of Electrotechnology Conference (HISTELCON). IEEE, 2019. doi Ch. 13. P. 48-51. doi
- Article Shilov V., Silantiev S. Victor Vogel und seine „Spira“: Neue Fakten und vergessene Erfindungen // Historische Bürowelt. 2018. No. 113. P. 6-9.
- Chapter Silantiev S. "Nairi" Computer Series – Harbingers of the Personal Computer, in: Selected Papers 2017 Fourth International Conference on Computer Technology in Russia and in the Former Soviet Union (SORUCOM). IEEE CS Pre, 2017. Ch. 7. P. 44-48. doi
- Chapter Golov R. S., Shilov V., Silantiev S. Training the specialists of combined engineering and economic profile at Russian universities: cluster approach, in: 6th Annual ASEE International Forum. June 28, 2017. Columbus, Ohaio, USA. Papers. American Society for Engineering Education, 2017. Ch. 29. P. 1-8.
- Chapter Avdoshin S. M., Shilov V., Silantiev S. Bachelor Degree Program ”Software Engineering” in the Higher School of Economics: Background and Perspectives, in: 5th Annual ASEE International Forum. June 25, 2016. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Papers. New Orleans : American Society for Engineering Education, 2016. Ch. 10. P. 1-11.
- Chapter Kitov V. A., Shilov Valery V., Silantiev Sergey A. Trente ans ou la Vie d'un scientifique, in: History and Philosophy of Computing. Third International Conference, HaPoC 2015, Pisa, Italy, October 8-11, 2015, Revised Selected Papers Vol. 487. Switzerland : Springer, 2016. doi Ch. 13. P. 186-202. doi
- Chapter Shilov V., Silantiev S. “Machines à comparer les idées” of Semen Korsakov: First step towards AI, in: International Communities of Invention and Innovation. IFIP WG 9.7 International Conference on the History of Computing, HC 2016, Brooklyn, NY, USA, May 25-29, 2016, Revised Selected Papers Vol. 491. Cham : Springer, 2016. doi Ch. 5. P. 71-86. doi
- Chapter Shilov V., Silantiev S. Logical machines: Predecessors of modern intellectual technologies, in: Proceedings of the 2015 ICOHTEC/IEEE International History of High-Technologies and their Socio-Cultural Contexts Conference (HISTELCON): The 4th IEEE Region 8 Conference on the History of Electrotechnologies. Held in 18-19 August 2015, Tel Aviv, Israel. Los Alamitos : IEEE, 2015. Ch. 6. P. 73-92. doi
- Chapter Valery V. Shilov, Sergey A. Silantiev. Reasoning vs. Orthodoxy, or, The Lesson from the Fate of Russian “Reasoning Machine”, in: ICT and Society. 11th IFIP TC 9 International Conference on Human Choice and Computers, HCC11 2014, Turku, Finland, July 30 - August 1, 2014, Proceedings Vol. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. Berlin : Springer, 2014. doi Ch. 16. P. 191-202. doi
1. Assistance Professor of the Department "System Modeling and Engineering Graphics" of the "MATI-Russian State Technological University" from 1987 till 2015.
2. Head of International Student Office at the "MATI-Russian State Technological University" from 1995 till 2014.
Upon successfully defending his dissertation before HSE Dissertation Council in Computer Science, Pavel Dvurechensky became the first Doctor of Computer Science in Russia. This was possible thanks to the fact that, starting in 2018, HSE University received the right to award its own academic degrees.
The high quality of HSE’s Bachelor programme has been recognised by experts on the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), the headquarters of which are located in the U.S. For more than 85 years, ABET has been accrediting college and university programmes in the applied and natural sciences, computing, engineering and engineering technology. HSE’s Software Engineering programme is the only one in Russia to have received this accreditation.