Vladimir Y. Protasov
- Vladimir Y. Protasov has been at HSE since 2016.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 2016Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Doctor of Sciences*
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
- Article Protasov V. Y., Conti C., Charina M., Guglielmi N. Regularity of non-stationary subdivision: a matrix approach // Numerische Mathematik. 2017. Vol. 135. No. 3. P. 639-678. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y. The Euler binary partition function and subdivision schemes // Mathematics of Computation. 2017. Vol. 86. No. 305. P. 1499-1524. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y., Guglielmi N. Invariant polytopes of linear operators with applications to regularity of wavelets and of subdivisions // SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. 2016. Vol. 37. No. 1. P. 18-52. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y., Guglielmi N., Conti C., Charina M. Limits of level and parameter dependent subdivision schemes: A matrix approach // Applied Mathematics and Computation. 2016. Vol. 272. No. 1. P. 20-27. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y. Linear switching systems with slow growth of trajectories // Systems and Control Letters. 2016. Vol. 90. P. 54-60. doi
- Article Charina M., Conti C., Guglielmi N., Protasov V. Y. Regularity of non-stationary subdivision: a matrix approach // Numerische Mathematik. 2016. P. 1-40. doi (in print)
- Article Protasov V. Y., Voinov A. S. Compact non-contraction semigrous of affine operators // Sbornik Mathematics. 2015. Vol. 206. No. 7. P. 921-940. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y., Jungers R. Resonance and marginal instability of switching systems // Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems. 2015. Vol. 17. P. 81-93. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y., Logofet D. Rank-one corrections of nonnegative matrices, with an application to matrix population models // SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. 2014. Vol. 35. No. 2. P. 749-764. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y. Asymptotics of products of nonnegative random matrices / Пер. с рус.: V. Y. Protasov. // Functional Analysis and Its Applications. 2013. Vol. 47. No. 2. P. 138-147. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y., Guglielmi N. Exact Computation of Joint Spectral Characteristics of Linear Operators // Foundations of Computational Mathematics. 2013. Vol. 13. No. 1. P. 37-97. doi
- Article Protasov V. Y., Jungers R. Lower and upper bounds for the largest Lyapunov exponent of matrices // Linear Algebra and its Applications. 2013. Vol. 438. No. 11. P. 4448-4468. doi
- 2015Wavelets and Applications (Санкт Петербург). Presentation: Regularity of wavelets and subdivisions: a recent progress
Editorial board membership
2016: Member of the Editorial Board, Applied Mathematics and Computation.
2013: Member of the Editorial Board, Математический сборник (Sbornik: Mathematics).
2010: Member of the Editorial Board, Квант.
On October 28, the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) held a meeting to announce the results of elections of new members: 176 scholars were selected as academicians, and 323 scholars as corresponding members. HSE researchers are among the new RAS members.