- Leading Research Fellow:Faculty of Computer Science / International Laboratory of Stochastic Algorithms and High-Dimensional Inference
- Vladimir Protasov has been at HSE University since 2016.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 2016Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Doctor of Sciences*
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
- Article Chitour Y., Guglielmi N., Protasov V., Sigalotti M. Switching systems with dwell time: computing the maximal Lyapunov exponent // Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems. 2021. Vol. 40. Article 101021. doi
- Article Cvetkovic A., Protasov V. Maximal acyclic subgraphs and closest stable matrices // SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. 2020. Vol. 41. No. 3. P. 1167-1182. doi
- Article Протасов В. Ю., Карапетянц М. А. О пространстве двоично-обобщенных функций // Функциональный анализ и его приложения. 2020. С. 1-5. (in press)
- Article Protasov V., Shirokov M. On Mutually Inverse Transforms of Functions on a Half-Line / Пер. с рус. // Doklady Mathematics. 2019. Vol. 100. No. 3. P. 1-4.
- Article Guglielmi N., Protasov V. On the closest stable/unstable nonnegative matrix and related stability radii // SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. 2018. Vol. 39. No. 4. P. 1642-1669. doi
- Article Protasov V., Guglielmi N., Laglia L. Polytope Lyapunov functions for stable and for stabilizable LSS // Foundations of Computational Mathematics. 2017. Vol. 17. No. 2. P. 567-623. doi
- Article Protasov V., Conti C., Charina M., Guglielmi N. Regularity of non-stationary subdivision: a matrix approach // Numerische Mathematik. 2017. Vol. 135. No. 3. P. 639-678. doi
- Article Protasov V. The Euler binary partition function and subdivision schemes // Mathematics of Computation. 2017. Vol. 86. No. 305. P. 1499-1524. doi
- Article Protasov V., Guglielmi N. Invariant polytopes of linear operators with applications to regularity of wavelets and of subdivisions // SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. 2016. Vol. 37. No. 1. P. 18-52. doi
- Article Protasov V., Guglielmi N., Conti C., Charina M. Limits of level and parameter dependent subdivision schemes: A matrix approach // Applied Mathematics and Computation. 2016. Vol. 272. No. 1. P. 20-27. doi
- Article Protasov V. Linear switching systems with slow growth of trajectories // Systems and Control Letters. 2016. Vol. 90. P. 54-60. doi
- Article Charina M., Conti C., Guglielmi N., Protasov V. Regularity of non-stationary subdivision: a matrix approach // Numerische Mathematik. 2016. P. 1-40. doi (in press)
- Article Protasov V., Voinov A. S. Compact non-contraction semigrous of affine operators // Sbornik Mathematics. 2015. Vol. 206. No. 7. P. 921-940. doi
- Article Protasov V., Jungers R. Resonance and marginal instability of switching systems // Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems. 2015. Vol. 17. P. 81-93. doi
- Article Protasov V., Logofet D. Rank-one corrections of nonnegative matrices, with an application to matrix population models // SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. 2014. Vol. 35. No. 2. P. 749-764. doi
- Article Protasov V. Asymptotics of products of nonnegative random matrices / Пер. с рус.: V. Protasov. // Functional Analysis and Its Applications. 2013. Vol. 47. No. 2. P. 138-147. doi
- Article Protasov V., Guglielmi N. Exact Computation of Joint Spectral Characteristics of Linear Operators // Foundations of Computational Mathematics. 2013. Vol. 13. No. 1. P. 37-97. doi
- Article Protasov V., Jungers R. Lower and upper bounds for the largest Lyapunov exponent of matrices // Linear Algebra and its Applications. 2013. Vol. 438. No. 11. P. 4448-4468. doi
- 2015Wavelets and Applications (Санкт Петербург). Presentation: Regularity of wavelets and subdivisions: a recent progress
Editorial board membership
2020: Guest Editor, Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications.
2016: Member of the Editorial Board, Applied Mathematics and Computation.
2013: Member of the Editorial Board, Математический сборник (Sbornik: Mathematics).
2010: Member of the Editorial Board, Квант.
Research positions in Moscow State University, Institute for Advanced Sdudy (Princeton), HKUST (Hong Kong), Jia Tong University (Schanghai), Gran Sasso Instutute (Italy), Schredingher Institute, University of Vienna (Austia), CORE, UCL (Belgium), Paris 6 (France)
Optimisation, Calculus of variation, Convex analysis (Moscow State University), ODE (High School of Economics), Wavelets (Innopolis, University of Samara, Silesian University, Poland, University of L'Aquila, Italy), Real analysis (Independent University of Moscow), Numerical analysis, Optimal control (Grand Sasso Institute, University of L'Aquila, Italy), ODE, Functional Analysis (Erasmus University Rotterdam, Holland)
On October 28, the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) held a meeting to announce the results of elections of new members: 176 scholars were selected as academicians, and 323 scholars as corresponding members. HSE researchers are among the new RAS members.