- Academic Supervisor:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management / International Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making
- Hervé Moulin has been at HSE University since 2015.
- Preprint Aziz H., Moulin H., Sandomirskiy F. A polynomial-time algorithm for computing a Pareto optimal and almost proportional allocation / Cornell university. Series arXiv "Computer Science and Game Theory (cs.GT), arXiv:1909.00740". 2019.
- Article Moulin H., Seth A., Taub B. Self-enforcing cooperation via strategic investment // Economic Theory Bulletin. 2019. P. 1-11. doi (in press)
- Article Moulin H., Caragiannis I., Kurokawa D., Procaccia A. D., Shah N., Wang J. The Unreasonable Fairness of Maximum Nash Welfare // ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation. 2018
- Article Moulin H. One dimensional mechanism design // Theoretical Economics. 2017. Vol. 12. No. 2. P. 587-619.
- Article Moulin H. Entropy, desegregation, and proportional rationing // Journal of Economic Theory . 2016. Vol. 162. P. 1-20. doi
- Chapter Moulin H., Caragiannis I., Kurokawa D., Procaccia A. D., Shah N., Wang J. The Unreasonable Fairness of Maximum Nash Welfare, in: Proceeding of the 17th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation. , 2016. doi
- Book Moulin H. Fair Division and Collective Welfare. Cambridge : MIT Press, 2003.
- Book Moulin H. Cooperative Microeconomics: A Game-Theoretic Introduction. Princeton : Princeton University Press, 1995.
- Book Moulin H. Axioms of Cooperative Decision Making. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1988.
Editorial board membership
2015: Member of the Editorial Board, Economic Theory.
2006: Member of the Editorial Board, Games and Economic Behavior.
2004: Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Game Theory.
2005–2011: Member of the Editorial Board, Mathematical Social Sciences.
1994–2011: Member of the Editorial Board, Social Choice and Welfare.
1998–2006: Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Public Economic Theory.
1994–2005: Editor-in-chief, Mathematical Social Sciences.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- The Econometric Society
- The Society for Social Choice and Welfare
- Game Theory Society
- Fellow of the Econometric Society, since 1983
- President of the Society for Social Choice and Welfare, 19981999
- Game Theory Society, Council Member, since 2000
- Fellow of The Royal Society of Edinburgh , since 2015
2013 - present Robertson Chair in Economics, University of Glasgow
1999-2013 George A. Peterkin Professor of Economics, Rice University
1989-1999 James B. Duke Professor of Economics, Duke University
1987-1989 University Distinguished Professor, Virginia Polytechnic In-
stitute and State University
1984-1987 Professor of Economics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and
1977-1984 Professor of Mathematics, University of Paris at Dauphine
1976-1977 Associate Professor of Mathematics, Ecole Nationale de la
Statistique et Administration Economique (E.N.S.A.E.) Paris
1975-1976 Military service (French Navy)
1974-1975 Research Fellow, Center for Operations Research and Econo-
metrics (C.O.R.E.) Louvain, Belgium
The academic supervisor of the Game Theory lab Hervé Moulin gave a lecture at Yandex
At the end of July it became officially known that the academic supervisor of the HSE International Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making, Professor Hervé Moulin, was elected as Vice President of the International Game Theory Society (GTS). The main purpose of the organization is to promote and support research, teaching and applications of game theory.
Call for participation SCHOOL “COMPUTATIONAL SOCIAL CHOICE AND FAIR DIVISION” (20-22 of October 2016, St.Petersburg)
The aim of the school is to show the interplay of ideas from the classical Fair Division and from the fast developing branch of Social choice investigating its computational aspects.
The school is oriented toward graduate students and PhD students.
Participation is free but the number of participants is limited and the registration is obligatory. Please, follow the school website link to register.
On the 5th and 6th of April, the heads of the international laboratory of game theory and decision making will read the mini-course "Topics in Game Thory: Cooperative Games". The course is mandatory for 3rd year bachelor students (program "Economics"), but the lectures are open for the attendance. You can find the schedule in the extended version of this post.
At the beginning of the current academic year, the International Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making opened at HSE St. Petersburg. Its launch marked a significant milestone in the university’s development, as the lab gathered internationally recognized scholars and representatives of the Russian Academy of Science.