- Leading Research Fellow:Faculty of Computer Science / Big Data and Information Retrieval School / Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science
- Vladimir Gurvich has been at HSE since 2016.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Article Gurvich V., Nhan Bao H. On tame, pet, domestic, and miserable impartial games // Discrete Applied Mathematics. 2018 doi (in print)
- Article Boros E., Elbassioni K., Gurvich V., Makino K. A convex programming-based algorithm for mean payoff stochastic games with perfect information // Optimization Letters. 2017 doi (in print)
- Article Boros E., Elbassioni K., Gurvich V., Makino K. A nested family of k-total effective rewards for positional games // International Journal of Game Theory. 2017. Vol. 46. No. 1. P. 263-293. doi
- Article Gurvich V., Boros E., Manthey B., Elbassioni K., Fouz M., Makino K. Approximation Schemes for Stochastic Mean Payoff Games with Perfect Information and Few Random Positions // Algorithmica. 2017. P. 1500-1512.
- Article Gurvich V., Endre B., Khaled E., Kazuhisa M., Vladimir O. Sufficient conditions for the existence of Nash equilibria in bimatrix games in terms of forbidden $2 \times 2$ subgames // International Journal of Game Theory. 2016. Vol. 45. No. 4. P. 1111-1131.
- Chapter Gurvich V., Boros E., Elbassioni K. M., Makino K. Markov Decision Processes and Stochastic Games with Total Effective Payoff, in: 32nd International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS 2015), Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics (LIPIcs) Vol. 30. Dagstuhl : Schloss Dagstuhl--Leibniz-Zentrum fuer Informatik, 2015. P. 103-115. doi
- Article Gurvich V., Boros E., Milanic M. On equistable, split, CIS, and related classes of graphs // Discrete Applied Mathematics. 2015 doi
- Article Gurvich V., Boros E. Sandwich problem for Π- and Δ-free multigraphs and its applications to positional games // Discrete Mathematics. 2015. Vol. 338. No. 12. P. 2421-2436. doi
- Chapter Gurvich V., Boros E., Elbassioni K. M., Makino K. A Potential Reduction Algorithm for Ergodic Two-Person Zero-Sum Limiting Average Payoff Stochastic Games, in: Combinatorial Optimization and Applications - 8th International Conference, COCOA 2014, Wailea, Maui, HI, USA, December 19-21, 2014, Proceedings. Springer, 2014. doi P. 694-709. doi
- Article Gurvich V., Oudalov V. On Nash-solvability in pure stationary strategies of the deterministic n-person games with perfect information and mean or total effective cost // Discrete Applied Mathematics. 2014. Vol. 167. P. 131-143. doi
Editorial board membership
2013: Member of the Editorial Board, Бизнес-информатика (Business Informatics).
2009: Member of the Editorial Board, Прикладная дискретная математика (Prikladnaya Diskretnaya Matematika).
In 2018, the Higher School of Economics will launch an English-taught double degree programme in partnership with the University of London in Applied Data Analysis. Graduates will be awarded an undergraduate degree from HSE in Applied Mathematics and Information Science and a Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Business Analytics from the University of London. International applicants are invited to apply online starting November 15, 2017.