- Research Fellow:International BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre
- Qiang Yu has been at HSE University since 2016.
Qiang Yu is an experienced expert on Chinese law in the field of intellectual property rights and antitrust regulation.
Qiang Yu obtained a bachelor and master’s degree in China. Qiang conducted hisPhD research at the Europa Institute of Leiden University Law School and was awarded doctoral degree in law.
Qiang was a guest researcher at Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition (Munich) between 2013 and 2014. In 2013, he received a research grant from the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR). Qiang is a member of The Netherlands China Law Association. He is currently involving several research projects that related to the intersection of
competition law and intellectual property law.
In 2013, his research proposal “Open Source Software Intellectual Property Right Protection”received funding from the Shanghai Social Sciences Junior Scholar project.
In 2017, he was appointed research associate of the Law School of Sun Yet-Sen University.
Qiang has broad interests in competition law, competition law and intellectual property and competition law and economics. His previous research focused on regulating information good markets under competition law rules, the specificmarket is the software market. He analyses, in particular, his project on regulating dominant market position exercise by firms in the software market.
He has published widely on legal and economic issues of regulating information goods market in peer-reviewed journals in China and Western academia. He also often presents his scholarly works at international conferences and seminars. Qiang’s current research and publications focus on the competition law and policy in the food sector as well as related topics in China.
Working Languages: Mandarin Chinese, English, Russian.
- Book Ivanov A., Lianos I., Lundqvist B., Yu Q., Войниканис Е. А., Semenova E., Kotova D., Перевощикова Е. Ю., Харитонов И. В., Позднякова А. Э., Karliuk M., Avdasheva S. B., Лубамбо Д. М., da Silva Pereira Neto C. M., de Azevedo P. F., Kumar U., Gupta S., Ghosh P., Bhattacharya S., Bose A., Gupta I., Singh M., Wang X., Hou L., Fang X., Xue J., Wang B., Davis D., Paremoer T., Raslan A., McLean A., Eller K. H., Kleinschmitt T., Roujia M., Luyao P., Bettiol H. M., Darr A. Digital Era Competition: A BRICS View. Report by the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre / Ed. by A. Ivanov, I. Lianos. , 2019.
- Chapter Надмитов А. Н., Ю К. Антимонопольное регулирование в КНР // В кн.: Правовые основы бизнеса в Китае / Отв. ред.: А. Е. Молотников, В. Шань. М. : Русско-китайское юридическое общество (РКЮО), 2018. С. 425-455.
- Article Quiang Yu. China’s Stance on the Google/Motorola Merger: Implications for Competition in Intellectual Property-Intensive Sectors // Computer Law & Security Review. 2017. Vol. 33. No. 1. P. 103-111.
- Article Yu Q. China’s stance on the Google/Motorola merger: Implications for competition in intellectual property-intensive sectors // Computer Law & Security Review. 2017. Vol. 33. No. 1. P. 103-111.
- Article Quiang Yu. Should market definition be abandoned in estimating market power? An affirmative answer from Qihoo v. Tencent // China Legal Science. 2017. Vol. 5. No. 1. P. 133-156.
- Article Quiang Yu. Software Resale Price Maintenance and Competition Law // Computer and Telecommunication Law Review. 2017. Vol. 23. No. 1. P. 23-30.
- Article Yu Q. Whether Market Definition Should Be Abandoned in Estimating Market Power: An Affirmative Answer from Qihoo v. Tencent // China Legal Science. 2017. Vol. 5. No. 1. P. 133-156.
- Article Quiang Yu. Abuse of Superior Bargaining Power and the Application of Chinese Anti-Monopoly Law // Competition Policy Research. 2016. No. 4. P. 64-75.
- Article Yu Q. 滥用优势地位与反垄断法的适用 // Competition Policy Research. 2016. Vol. 7. No. 3. P. 64-75.